• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Undercover Boss

Jangler

I asked my wife while we were watching it... "How many other thousands of his employees are in the same situations he's specifically addressing?"...

Sure, it makes for good TV and I enjoyed it, but it was a good example of how the upper class is so far out of touch with the middle to lower class of people...

He seemed like a genuinely nice guy though, and it was nice of him to do some of the specific things he did afterwards... But, how many other people in his company are in the exact same situation?

The Hooters one looks to be a hoot... Especially the pig making the girls eat from the plate for whatever reason... People disgust me...

i predict quite a tidal wave of change from this. not for every employee but i can see more ceo's doing this.

I agree slj, the distance between upper to lower class is light years apart. I have proposed for years a role reversal day or month for all companies. That will keep it real for sure.

When I first moved to Atlanta in 2006, our CEO did something similar at least a few times each month, except it wasn't undercover. At our height we had about 100 employees. He was a tremendous owner, a great friend to everyone, and a "my door is always open" kind of guy (he actually meant it and delivered). Our CEO and founder would schedule these days where he would basically shadow people for a day at their job. It wasn't some empty effort to conenct with employees, because everyone knew him so well that wasn't necessary. He did it to learn. He would sit down with economists, accountants, programmers, project managers, IT support, administrative assistants...almost everyone. He wanted to udnerstand every part of his business and truly understand what everyone was bringing to the table. I miss working for him and his family.

I enjoyed this show...im ashamed to tell you guys this but i actually saw an epsiode of oprah when she actually did a segment on this show.. they had the waste managment guy and the 7/11 ceo and it was pretty awesome what the 7/11 corporation does for one of their people.. i will continue to watch. I agree with pstall in saying companies should put in a role reversal day in every so often for their corporate employees..alot of the people at the top have no idea what its like for the hourly employees and really cant see how policies they make affect the people under them.

Archived