• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFB conference championship games

LinvilleGorge

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I think that is what he meant.  If Bama wins this game the SEC can absolutely be left out.  Will they deny an undefeated FSU team?

Even as a Bama alum, I believe if FSU and Bama both win, Bama gets left out. The last few weeks of Texas’ season left me some hope that Bama could get over the Longhorns based on recent play. Today’s game, however, removed that hope, as Texas destroyed Okie St. 

Just now, Bama Panther said:

Even as a Bama alum, I believe if FSU and Bama both win, Bama gets left out. The last few weeks of Texas’ season left me some hope that Bama could get over the Longhorns based on recent play. Today’s game, however, removed that hope, as Texas destroyed Okie St. 

Yeah but Louisville could easily win tonight so there is hope

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Texas is definitely not rooting for Bama. UGA is going regardless of the outcome of this game.

I think Bama winning the SECCG would be the committee’s worst nightmare. Georgia has been so good for so long, how do you keep them out if they lose a close one? But how do you keep Texas out if Bama is in, given Texas’ big win in Tuscaloosa?

The committee does not want to make that decision. 

Just now, Bama Panther said:

I think Bama winning the SECCG would be the committee’s worst nightmare. Georgia has been so good for so long, how do you keep them out if they lose a close one? But how do you keep Texas out if Bama is in, given Texas’ big win in Tuscaloosa?

The committee does not want to make that decision. 

Bama and FSU both winning would be a nightmare for them. The easy thing for them is Bama and FSU losing that way they can do Georgia, Michigan, Washington, and Texas. 

I don't see how you can leave out an undefeated FSU team even though everyone knows they can't win it without Travis. And yeah, UGA is gonna be in but how can you put UGA in and leave out Bama if they're the SEC champ? Then how can you leave out Texas as the Big 12 champ when they beat Bama. It becomes a cluster fug fast if Bama and FSU win.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Texas is definitely not rooting for Bama. UGA is going regardless of the outcome of this game.

Disagree 100%.  Texas won at Alabama and that’s their main calling card. 

They get in over Bama 10/10.  They’d rather not be compared to undefeated conference champs (Mich, Wash, FSU, or GA)

• Flames 1