• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really odd injury I was wondering if anybody else has had....

SorthNarolina

Oddly enough this injury didn't really happen in a high octane enviroment like a organized football game. This happen when me and my friends were in 4th grade playing a casual game of frisbee.

Some body threw it up and it began to blade sideways but it was still catchable so I took off after it and another guy did too. We were running right at eachother.

Anyways we smack together about as hard as 4th graders can. He has a bloody lip, bloody nose but no bones were broken.

I only had a bloody lip, but in the aftermath of the collision I couldn't see anything, I felt a I could detect different shades of light but nothing else. I then realized that if i titled my head down far enough i could see a small sliver of light.

So my eyes were rolled back in my head very far up, i felt this really wierd pressure in them too. The thing is i couldn't get them down. It felt like the muscles were paralyzed or something. We were at school just as it had ended so we all headed to the nurses office with people guiding me but she was gone. The administrators there attended to us. They were panicking a little bit because I couldn't get them down no matter how hard I tried. They actually asked the PE teacher what was up but she hadn't seen it before. Then after a little bit they just released and came down without me doing anything. I was pretty coherent, I did have a concussion but I was still "there".

I asked a doctor and the trainer at school later in life and they said I was hit to the point of being knocked out i just didn't lose conciousness. I can't find anybody else that has ever experienced this, it's just really wierd.

I'm not bragging jeez, I was just wondering if anybody has ever heard of this happening. I've asked around and I can't find anyone. The doctors wern't even really definate in their answers. I'll ask next time i get a check up if think about it.

I tried google but I couldn't find anything, but I did find a kind of scary study that a lot of places have done that is showing correlations to depression and bipolar disorder. That's pretty scary when you think about it. I've only had 3 including that one and they were minor. I've never been knocked out completely or anything like that.

If it happened to you, wouldn't you be a little curious to want to know more about it?

And to go off on another tagent, watch this shaun white special on 60 mins. They show a truly horrific hit he took when was 11 and crashed into another full grown skater twice his age. It cracked his skull and broke some bones. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6160183n it's around 7:00 mins.

Archived