• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Landslide in western North Carolina

Bobby

I live in Asheville, born and raised...its a damn shame what they have done in the north end and development on the south side of town.

I forget if it was last summer or the summer before we had a lot of rain and some old folks got trapped on Reynolds Mountain because of land slides.....

I actualy did a college project on a very high end home development call "The Cliffs". Because sustainability and being Green is so big in construction right now, i focused specifically on that.

They do a lot of stuff to prevent erosion with specific types of grass, all the surveying work the do usually puts the homes in safe areas. It wasn't all PR fluff either.

But keep in mind this was in a very exclusive developement though. My home I concentrated on was some CIA/Homeland Security dude who had an elevator and a putting green put in, hah.

I actualy did a college project on a very high end home development call "The Cliffs". Because sustainability and being Green is so big in construction right now, i focused specifically on that.

I framed homes while going to school in Asheville, and helped build a house in The Cliffs. There are some really amazing homes up that way.

It's just like any other boom area though, you have great contractors and contractors that cut every corner in the book.

Look at greater Charlotte for instance. The old homes are much, much more sturdy in a possible hurricane than many of the new ones.

Archived