• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking about a cruise for my wedding anniversary

methodtoll

I've never done a 5 day cruise. I'm contemplating going on the one that leaves out of Charleston. Its the Carnival Fantasy that is refurbished. I haven't been on a ship that small since i was 10 so i don't know if its worth it. We would be taking our 3 year old so i figured if we go out of Charleston we don't have to pay for 3 plan tickets to Miami.

if anyone has any insight on that let me know.

I have been on that ship and was honestly disappointed a bit but I wasn't expecting an "older ship". I was used to the bigger, newer ships....but honestly....for the price it is not a bad deal in most cases. A cheap, quick gettaway at a good price (and no plane ticket cost really helps). Just don't expect what you are used to. I went on it about 2 years ago so that was probably before the remodel.

well since cat, sam, buscit all chined in, I will give all a GREAT website for said topic. heres a website thats one of the best kept secret http://www.vacationstogo.com/?source=asn1

will save hundreds, even thousand on trips, so i expect money saved to be sent to me for this infor....

besides why would one want a whole enviromint of old people and kids, plus a big risk of disease outbreak, etc. theres isnt a ship big enough for me to safe in, anyway.

for crying out loud...see if there is a panthers cruise...seriously...lots of teams are doing them now...3 or 4 players, alumni, couple cheerleaders, a coach or two.

and ya...one more vote for the all inclusive...you can't go wrong with the Mayan Riviera

The wife's a Travel Agent, I've done a lot of cruises. It's more about the individual ship rather than a particular line. Get a newer ship in whatever Line you choose, most will have 360 degree Vids you can explore the whole ship before you book too. I've been all over the Carribbean, Mexico and to Bermuda. But by far the best cruise I was ever on was Alaska and the Inside Passage. Salmon fishing, helicopter trip to the Mendenhall Glacier, Jet boat tours through various fiords and a drunken night at the Red Dog Saloon in Juneau. Scenery was incredible, wildlife everywhere. Want to go back real bad and add the Rail trip through Denali Park.

Archived