• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speculation and rumors about Reich firing.

Basbear

28 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

You've spent the last three days trying to convince anyone and everyone that Reich wanted no part of Young, yet you believe that Wilks would have somehow overridden the same front office and ownership and we would not have drafted a QB??

I think It's probable that Wilks would have wanted to go after a free agent QB because he's a defensive coach.

Defensive coaches frequently aren't big fans of having to try and develop a rookie. They lean on their defense to win games and ask quarterbacks to just simply do enough and not screw things up.

It's also possible that if they did insist on a rookie, he might have wanted a guy like Richardson over a guy like Bryce.

And of course he could have just stuck with Sam Darnold.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

After watching this team all season, I can see that Frank didn’t want Bryce and was just mailing it in. I mean, what coach would call so many short passes or screens. He didn’t want Bryce and was not even trying to make Bryce look good.

but if the team starts to play and Bryce begins slinging the ball around, we will know

thats just franks offense lol. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think It's probable that Wilks would have wanted to go after a free agent QB because he's a defensive coach.

Defensive coaches frequently aren't big fans of having to try and develop a rookie. They lean on their defense to win games and ask quarterbacks to just simply do enough and not screw things up.

It's also possible that if they did insist on a rookie, he might have wanted a guy like Richardson over a guy like Bryce.

I thought there was a report during the interview process that Wilks wanted to go after Stroud if he was hired. Because Wilks plan for the offense was the most important part of his interview. 

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I thought there was a report during the interview process that Wilks wanted to go after Stroud if he was hired. Because Wilks plan for the offense was the most important part of his interview. 

It's possible.

Stroud I could see. Richardson I could definitely see.

Young, not so much.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

We've heard it alluded that Frank would have rather signed Derek Carr than draft a QB at all. Obviously that didn't happen, so why again do we believe that Wilks would have the power to overrule the front office/scouts/Tepper who all wanted to draft and develop a QB? You have repeatedly cited rumblings that Reich preferred Stroud over Young - why do we believe there would have been a different result with Wilks even if he had the same opinion?

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Someone mentioned this yesterday...

That's extremely petty, frankly childish...

Man everything about this team is just an embarrassing joke. Tepper is making it harder and harder to be a fan with each passing day. If this is true he is an absolute bit..... Frank ultimately gets the last laugh, Tepper is paying him $25k everyday until the end of his contract.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

I don't necessarily agree with that, but fine, okay. Panthers end up taking Levis who already looks better than Bryce. 

I don't think Wilks would have the amount of influence necessary to overrule the trade up even if he thought it was a bad idea. Whoever Tepper hired as coach this offseason was going to have to be with the plan of drafting a rookie and trading up, one way or the other. He wasn't going to tolerate another journeyman QB after cycling through Teddy, Darnold, and Baker, and he couldn't find the superstar QB after being told no for Stafford and Russ Wilson (and probably Aaron Rodgers too). He was willing to trade for Deshaun Watson even with all of the legal issues, and the only reason he's not on our roster now is that Jimmy Haslam was dumb enough to go an extra year with guarantees.

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

We've heard it alluded that Frank would have rather signed Derek Carr than draft a QB at all. Obviously that didn't happen, so why again do we believe that Wilks would have the power to overrule the front office/scouts/Tepper who all wanted to draft and develop a QB? You have repeatedly cited rumblings that Reich preferred Stroud over Young - why do we believe there would have been a different result with Wilks even if he had the same opinion?

Don't necessarily think he could have.

I was talking about what he'd have wanted.

3 hours ago, X-Clown said:

I don't think Wilks would have the amount of influence necessary to overrule the trade up even if he thought it was a bad idea. Whoever Tepper hired as coach this offseason was going to have to be with the plan of drafting a rookie and trading up, one way or the other. He wasn't going to tolerate another journeyman QB after cycling through Teddy, Darnold, and Baker, and he couldn't find the superstar QB after being told no for Stafford and Russ Wilson (and probably Aaron Rodgers too). He was willing to trade for Deshaun Watson even with all of the legal issues, and the only reason he's not on our roster now is that Jimmy Haslam was dumb enough to go an extra year with guarantees.

This is correct. Wilks isn’t the guy who would have been told who his qb is going to be and what offense he was going to run. 

• Beer 1