• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone in the building is all in on Bryce

Panthers Fan 69

22 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I think we all know Reich wanted Stroud while Tepper wanted Bryce.  What I want to know and what matters to me, is how much did he and the other staff members try to fight for Stroud vs how much they just let Tepper make the decision.

If they REALLY fought for Stroud but Tepper literally and 100% forced the decision of Bryce, then yes, Tepper is who I fault.

If they were just like, "Well we prefer Stroud, but we're okay with Bryce too" and that then made the pick Bryce, then I blame Reich and the rest of the staff.

There are VERY few owners in the league who completely stay out of football operations and don't voice their opinions, especially when it comes to taking a QB at #1 overall, even more so after the trade we made.

So people getting upset at Tepper being in the room and voicing his opinion are missing the point, 90% of the other owners in the league would be doing the same thing.  It really comes down to how voiceful Reich and the staff pushed back on it, and that I'm not sure we'll ever know.

Lombardi speculates that Reich had ptsd from going to the mattresses for Wence. After being so wrong about Wence, he didn’t try to fight for ‘his’ QB again.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s really sad the fans here would rather be right about their preconceived notions than actually believe they have a young QB of the future that just needs an adjustment. You’d think we haven’t seen this script play out before. 

Not trying to bust your balls or argue but you are clearly a Bryce defender. That is ok. What has he done to show you he is going to be great?

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

The Panthers are not going to stand at a podium and tell people the truth.  I have been preaching that for some time.   What they say publicly is never worth more than a grain of salt.   And we still have some posters that triple down on words that come out of BOA. 

The only truth is Tepper is a dick and Bryce sucks.  They’ll never admit either. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s really sad the fans here would rather be right about their preconceived notions than actually believe they have a young QB of the future that just needs an adjustment. You’d think we haven’t seen this script play out before. 

If this was a Manning or Lawrence type of rookie year, tons of losses and turnovers, but showing serious flashes of elite potential multiple times in every game of the season, then yes, you're correct.

But he has literally, maybe 2 or 3 plays this entire season where you would say, "okay, that was an above average play" and I honestly don't think he's had one play where I said, "that was an elite QB play"

While at the same time he's had numerous examples every single week, hell, every half or even every quarter, where you look at the play and say, "how did that guy even get to the NFL, let alone be the #1 pick"

He has no arm, he has to have an absolutely picture perfect clean pocket and set base to step into the throw to even have even moderately adequate arm strength, he can't throw anything near an NFL necessary throw if he's off balance, and that's a serious problem in today's NFL.

The people still trying to defend him and say it's the system, coaches, or WRs, are the ones who are stuck to their preconceived notions that he can be a good QB in this league.  Yes, those things don't help and he'd look better if they improved, but he's not an elite franchise QB and he never will be, that much is clear after watching him for 12 weeks.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Lombardi speculates that Reich had ptsd from going to the mattresses for Wence. After being so wrong about Wence, he didn’t try to fight for ‘his’ QB again.

Wow, I don't even want to try and compute this one in my head, it's only going to make me sadder.

The whole point of hiring this staff was because of their QB guru statuses, if him being wrong on Wentz is what caused him to not fight against drafting a HS sized QB, then it just makes me even sadder over this whole thing.

I like Bryce, he's a good kid, but he's just not an NFL QB and I think he and his people always knew it, and it's why they didn't let him throw at the combine.  Letting him throw back-to-back with the rest of the prospects would have exposed the hell out of him, when QB's projected to go undrafted looked better throwing the same passes.

17 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Wow, I don't even want to try and compute this one in my head, it's only going to make me sadder.

The whole point of hiring this staff was because of their QB guru statuses, if him being wrong on Wentz is what caused him to not fight against drafting a HS sized QB, then it just makes me even sadder over this whole thing.

I like Bryce, he's a good kid, but he's just not an NFL QB and I think he and his people always knew it, and it's why they didn't let him throw at the combine.  Letting him throw back-to-back with the rest of the prospects would have exposed the hell out of him, when QB's projected to go undrafted looked better throwing the same passes.

Compare what Wentz did in 2020 and what Matt Ryan did in 2021. Reich wasn't even wrong on Wentz.