• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I legit feel bad for Bryce

Dorian Gray

3 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Can you blame him with this line? This franchise might ruin a decent qb prospect. I bet Bryce would be doing well on the Texans. Whether even CJ could succeed here is up in the air. 

The ball don't lie. That's just not for basketball.  Kid doesn't have an nfl arm. Line or no Line his arm is still not that of a nfl qb.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

More positives about Bryce...I've been to many games this season (don't know why really)

Dude takes some vicious hits and gets right back up. Injuries haven't been a factor. Bryce's body is built like elastic and wirey where he can take hits and it doesn't phase him. That bodes well for his future.

Teammates like him. They are always patting his helmet and Bryce greets everyone at halftime and end of game. This was not the case for last year's QB's. 

I'm interested to see what Tabor, Caldwell and Brown do with Bryce the rest of the season. I think there's a good chance he starts running more and there's more misdirections and options and Bryce comes out and plays very well and shuts people up on the huddle. As much a chance as him not improving.

He's certainly tough and has been durable.

But the last thing we want is Bryce Young running the football more. You want the kid to get laid out? Even Sam Darnold finally got a dose of some old fashioned wood being laid against the Falcons. How many games did he miss? Let's not tempt fate. If Bryce is going to succeed it is going to be throwing the football. That's what we want and what we all need to see.

13 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Not colossal...lol

Just regular.

Crappy first season you can't really call him a bust at this point... a disappointment no doubt but given what he's working with meh..... the following quartbacks all had as bad or worse rookie years Aikman,Manning X 2, Elway,Lawrence,Goff,Smith,McNabb just to name a few...

As much as the clown posse wants to write him off it's far too early.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BY9Franchise said:

the following quartbacks all had as bad or worse rookie years Aikman,Manning X 2, Elway,Lawrence,Goff,Smith,McNabb just to name a few...

I went and checked the yards per pass attempt for every QB you mentioned here and the only one of them that had lower than 5-6 yards per pass attempt as a rookie or really at any point early in their careers was McNabb.

Bryce is still the worst in the league in YPA and only Zach Wilson has a worse QBR.

If you want to say don't write him off yet that's reasonable and I can agree with that but we don't need to cope ourselves right off a cliff comparing him to various good to great past QB's including hall of famers. That's desperation.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

I went and checked the yards per pass attempt for every QB you mentioned here and the only one of them that had lower than 5-6 yards per pass attempt as a rookie or really at any point early in their careers was McNabb.

Bryce is still the worst in the league in YPA and only Zach Wilson has a worse QBR.

If you want to say don't write him off yet that's reasonable and I can agree with that but we don't need to cope ourselves right off a cliff comparing him to various good to great past QB's including hall of famers. That's desperation.

Not coping not remotely optimistic tbh, It's easy to point at YPA and yep it'd horribad.... he's surrounded by nothing.

That said I'm just being a realist we are likely stuck with him for at least two more seasons hopefully hell freezes over and we get a competent coach online and a weapon or two.

I'm not comparing their full body of work just the fact that those pro bowlers super bowl winners and all stars all had pretty awful rookie seasons... 

Like I said I don't think he's a write off after one year.

Edited by BY9Franchise

What people are falling to realize is this is the National Football League. There is a reason quarterbacks of his stature has not had success in this league. And don’t give me that Drew Brees, Russell Wilson b.s. Those quarterbacks are larger and much stronger than Bryce Young. Not saying  he won’t ever have success but if he does it will be an anomaly. The odds is stacked tremendously against Bryce Young unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Brent Gregory said:

The ball don't lie. That's just not for basketball.  Kid doesn't have an nfl arm. Line or no Line his arm is still not that of a nfl qb.

Exactly and unfortunate for us Panthers fans.  Bryce is just not an NFL QB.  Doesn't have the physical traits and not sure he has the super processor everyone was so high on.  

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, BY9Franchise said:

Crappy first season you can't really call him a bust at this point... a disappointment no doubt but given what he's working with meh..... the following quartbacks all had as bad or worse rookie years Aikman,Manning X 2, Elway,Lawrence,Goff,Smith,McNabb just to name a few...

He is none of those qbs ...