• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we desperate "Dumb" enough.... Bill Belicheck

Chad_Cota

The coast is clear and we now are in prime postion for our 4th coach in the Tepper era. Even though the core problems still remain.

• David Tepper 
  • Scott Fitterer 
  • Bryce Young (jury still out, but barely) 

The question everyone is asking themselses what circus move will we make next? Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, and the biggest one Bill Belicheck. I can see it now in Febuarary, Tepper backs in the brinx trunk in MA to Bill to be the sole GM/Coach. Highest paid with unlimited control. What could go wrong? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10098390-peter-king-on-bill-belichick-cowboys-chargers-panthers-are-possible-landing-spots

• Brady as QB
  • .666% winning percentage 
  • 6 SB Seasons 
  • 30-12 in the playoffs. 

Sounds great! until you dive in deeper. Life without Brady:

• Overwhelmed QB issues since Brady
  • Alabama QB.... that looks lost at times, we can relate.
  • 82-98 record (.456%) 

Below is a look at each of the non-Brady quarterbacks that have started under Belichick and the records they have posted for him as of Week 5 of the 2023 NFL season.

Quarterback Team Record
Mac Jones Patriots 18-23
Vinnie Testaverde Browns 17-16
Bernie Kosar Browns 11-18
Matt Cassel Patriots 10-5
Cam Newton Patriots 7-8
Drew Bledsoe Patriots 5-13
Mike Tomczak Browns 4-4
Jimmy Garoppolo Patriots 2-0
Bailey Zappe Patriots 2-0
Mark Rypien Browns 2-1
Todd Philcox Browns 2-3
Jacoby Brissett Patriots 1-1
Eric Zeier Browns 1-3
Brian Hoyer Patriots 0-2

I hope it's a hard pass, but I feel we will go for the big name coach. Johnson OC for the lions is the only option moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

Johnson OC for the lions is the only option moving forward. 

Ben Johnson is not coming here. Why go to a team that has no roster, no first round pick, a meddling owner who forces you to take his draft picks, and a QB whose looked shaken at best when you can go to the team that has those picks, a war chest, or another team that’s already ready to compete in the playoffs? Johnson will be highly sought after and will have his choice of teams to go to. Panthers will be dead last of places he'll want to go to.

The egos of Tepper and Belichick colliding would probably be a fun poo show.

I can't see Belichick being interested. He basically made the Bryce mistake with Mac Jones thinking a great college QB could overcome his obvious physical limitations with mental brilliance. I can't see him having any interest in coaching Bryce Young.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That'd be another wildly entertaining collision of massive egos.

It'd be entertaining as hell.

Would it be a winning combination?  Not so sure about that.

Also feel pretty certain that neither Harbaugh nor Belichick would be okay having weekly meetings with Tepper.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It'd be entertaining as hell.

Would it be a winning combination?  Not so sure about that.

Also feel pretty certain that neither Harbaugh nor Belichick would be okay having weekly meetings with Tepper.

I wonder how Tepper would have taken it if his hedge fund clients wanted to have weekly meetings to critique his every portfolio move and have him defend it?