• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Word Nerds...

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

My grandfather's been telling me to read "The Professor and the Madman" for a few years now. I think I bought it used at a Goodwill; maybe I should pull it off the shelf.

So you're a fellow Word Nerd and Beer Geek? Nice!

I'm a word nerd! I'll check it out.

Although, I know more about Latin -> Modern Romance. I almost went to grad school for historical linguistics.

My grandfather's been telling me to read "The Professor and the Madman" for a few years now. I think I bought it used at a Goodwill; maybe I should pull it off the shelf.

So you're a fellow Word Nerd and Beer Geek? Nice!

Oh yeah. I love all languages but English is just too screwed up not to be fascinated by. I'm probably the only person I know who gets excited when they buy a new dictionary.

Beer, on the other hand, is necessary to fully enjoy all the splendors of the world. Anyone who tells you other wise is simply holding you back and should be disregarded as a lower life form.

If I could make my living running a combination antique book store/microbrewery, I would be unable to tell you why my life wouldn't be perfect.

If I could make my living running a combination antique book store/microbrewery, I would be unable to tell you why my life wouldn't be perfect.

My dream "mancave" would house a really nice wood bar (that would accomodate my homebrewing) on one wall, with the rest of the walls covered from floor to ceiling with built-in bookshelves.

I'm trying to convince my wife (she's actually a librarian) to let me do this on a small scale with our mudroom. I want to fill it with books, a kegerator, and a small couch.

I think "The Librewery" is a fitting name. :cheers2:

My dream "mancave" would house a really nice wood bar (that would accomodate my homebrewing) on one wall, with the rest of the walls covered from floor to ceiling with built-in bookshelves.

I'm trying to convince my wife (she's actually a librarian) to let me do this on a small scale with our mudroom. I want to fill it with books, a kegerator, and a small couch.

I think "The Librewery" is a fitting name. :cheers2:

I owe you a beer for that one.

You can get a double tap kegerator pretty cheap if you're using Corny's.

I am indeed using Corny kegs, but I'm thinking about building a keezer. It's basically a kegerator made out of a chest freezer. I've amassed a good number of parts, save for the actual freezer itself.

I'll start with two taps, but I could see myself wanting more down the road.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Archived