• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shoulder problems...

The Faceless

best answer: Go to a doctor.

I've rehabbing my shoulders as well. Big thanks to toddzilla and big dave randell for tearing them off my body awhile back... There is no pain like arm wrestling pain, its a painful joy.

I hate giving advice without knowing your past injury history and current physical(mental too) state. I can share what works for me and what i believe. You must stretch, i hate hate hate to do so. Never been a fan and hate hate it, but its a must for both pre and post workouts. There are all sort of free ones on google, just watch-out if you had a separated shoulder be very careful and do much more research. One of favs is using a door way and place you elbows on each side and mildly do a calf stretch threw the door.(do not do if had separated shoulder). Many triceps ones as well.

Here is one of my helpers for all pain, shower hot/cold. I call it the psycho shower. Start by the hottest water you can stand(direct it on the shoulder if thats the problem), shampoo, get your rag/ball-thingy wet, turnoff shower. Scub your body(focus on shoulder), ready for rise...cold as you can stand... In my opinion a cheap/great helper. If you want to focus on shoulder get two wash clothing and a bowl of hot water and ice cold and 3 mins for each until 20+ mins is up(hot as you can stand same for cold).

One the best treatment is getting a real massage by a expert. Not form a chinese one.... Goto business and ask who is the best for shoulders(strong hands is a must). Then ask for a happy ending.... My wars in armwreslting, this was a big help.

Working out, you must strengthen the area of muscles so all can share the burden on the injury. You know your limits and the levels of pain, so if its impossible for me to say whats what. Choose a couple workouts and do them.

Ill be back with some meds you can try out. Plus i will be testing a new research drug that should help, greatly. I'll only recommend it if it works and cheap for the common man. After feb.

tmi

:D

i forgot to add the dead fish. whichever shoulder is hurting let your arm dangle while the opposite arm is positioned on a object(chair) done standing with a 25' tilt. simliar to what you see some pitchers do while waiting on signal form catcher. it loosens the joint. any time you feel pain do this.

supplement wise, you need amino acids essential and non-essential. L-lysine L-Leucine, L-Valine, Isoleucine, L-Arginine, L-Valine Ethyl Ester, L-2-Aminopentanoic Acid etc etc. pick a few or find a product that offers many,(i remember some 222222 product)

i mainly stay cheap and a great way to get many of those is in whey protein. I think just about all should take this.

fish oil- more and more super smart honest people are joining the fish oil bunch. i take those like candy. no question buy fish oil 3, 6, 9 doesn't matter just take it.

anti-toxins- vitamin C, vitamin E, blue berries, other fruits and vegs.

Vitamin D and a few Bs too. no question on D about 2,000IU per day, and B-6 is another must, it interact well with all the listed amino acids, V-C too.

glutamine- once thought as the gold standard, now-a-days its lost much of belief. im dont take any, but it may work for you. a few recent studies showed its effect was no different than a placebo.

which bring me to the most important part. the secret to all of this is believing that this stuff will work. it has shown that has just as much effect, as real medicine. you must believe that in what youre doing ie supplements, massages, strenching etc. that is the key. the brain has unreal powers.

fish oil, whey protein, V-D, V-C, B-6, are must. most can be purchased at sams, costcos, or via google shopping. I use lucky vitamin and vitaglo, when sams or costco doesnt offer it.

good luck, and I will put the results form my drug tryout in march.

Fish Oil is good stuff...is it better to get the capsule version or the liquid? On the vitamins I assume it's better to take V-C V-D and B-6 by themselves as opposed to a good multi? I've also been taking this stuff lately called Sam-e...it's primarily advertised as a mood enhancer but also offers benefits like helping liver function and apparently helps with your joints as well. The B vitamins are also supposed to help enhance the effects but I've yet to verify that for myself.

fish oil is GREAT STUFF, maybe the best overall legal supplement. I recommended it, not cause of benefits to brain and heart or the ability to fight diseases, but its shown to have anti inflammatory benefits too. capsules or liquid doesnt matter, whichever is cheaper. liquid will act slightly faster.

if your multi-V includes the vitiams i listed then use it, but I have not seen one. truth is IF you have a balanced diet, mulit-V have shown to be worthless. do a google search and see hundreds of recent articles form good sources saying the same thing. The only time you need a good multi-V if you eat one meal a day or pure crap for the whole day(soda, candy, potato chips, deep dish pizza etc). then yes you need a multi-V. Well balance vegs, fruits, and lean meats, whole grains, no need.

All the items I gave for a reason. In order to get the amount of V-D, you'd need to drink 15 gallons of milk A Day. thats ALOT of fat. same for all others, eat 10 oranges, lots of nature sugar, eat 10 salmon fillets, lots to eat. thats the beauty of supplementation. Pop a small pill without with just what you need, without the HUGE calories or massive amount of food intake. I take creatine, 1 teaspoon = 10 pounds of uncooked meat.

Sam-e, no clue about it. i take l-tyrosine along with many nootropics(dmae, Vinpocetine, brain fuel form biotest, weird teas etc). I heard good things about Kava Kava Extract as mood helper(and anti-tox), but never used it. Soon i hope to try out Alpha GPC and L-Theanine(on my wish list). Resveratrol, Phosphatidylserine are others you could look into. Liver wise- co10(i think) and milk thislite(another iffy belief supp), are worth a look. I only take if needed.

lastly- do your know research. I'm not a doctor, just a nobody on the intrewebz. Supplements only help IF you have a balance diet and exercise, other wise I wasted my time and you'd waste money. You must work at fixing your shoulder, just like a job. Not once a week or 5 times a month, It takes time and hard work.

Archived