• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thielen getting frustrated: "It's an embarrassing effort. I think everyone's just embarrassed."

Dorian Gray

"We're just not hitting on all cylinders right now. We're not hitting on any cylinders," Thielen said (via the team's official website). "It's an embarrassing effort. I think everyone's just embarrassed, you know, put up what, six points on offense."

Thielen suggested that it was not fair to the defense, who was playing at a higher level. 

"Like, we didn't do anything. That's embarrassing when your defense is playing the way they're playing, especially the way they're playing. It's embarrassing. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-adam-thielen-calls-offensive-struggles-embarrassing-after-failing-to-score-td-in-loss-to-bears/

While he's absolutely correct, he has nothing to be embarrassed about himself. He's practically the only guy on offense who shows up each week.

• Pie 3

The next time a WR stops on a route or drops a 3rd down pass, no longer a starter 

find someone on the practice squad or waiver wire 

put number 11 in and run go routes.  Who knows, if Bryce doesn’t get there, they might get pass interference 

Im exceedingly tired of the ‘not hitting on all , not executing’  by Reich 

do your job or you won’t have one   That’s the way it is in The real world 

same goes for the WR coach 

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The next time a WR stops on a route or drops a 3rd down pass, no longer a starter 

Well, part of the issue is that it seems like 75% of our plays have routes specifically designed for the receiver to stop. We have to diversify and get rid of this heavy reliance on hook routes. They’re static routes that defense knows are coming and can just sit on them. I’m not giving the receivers a pass. They are not good. But the coaches aren’t catering to their strengths or putting them in a position to succeed. 

We need more crossers, slants, and mesh concepts where the natural actions of the routes help the receivers create separation. We’ll be limited in the depth we can throw them because we can’t trust the offensive line to hold up and that will mean things are still difficult, but better route combinations would go a long way toward boosting the offense. 

• Pie 7

45 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Well, part of the issue is that it seems like 75% of our plays have routes specifically designed for the receiver to stop. We have to diversify and get rid of this heavy reliance on hook routes. They’re static routes that defense knows are coming and can just sit on them. I’m not giving the receivers a pass. They are not good. But the coaches aren’t catering to their strengths or putting them in a position to succeed. 

We need more crossers, slants, and mesh concepts where the natural actions of the routes help the receivers create separation. We’ll be limited in the depth we can throw them because we can’t trust the offensive line to hold up and that will mean things are still difficult, but better route combinations would go a long way toward boosting the offense. 

Part of being a receiver is knowing to come back to the quarterback when he is in trouble.  They do not do that 

and the stopping of routes I’m talking about are the few routes that are over 20 yards 

how many times have you seen Mingo stop on those.  

yes schematically atrocious but that does not excuse not making a play when it’s there to be made 

these are paid professional, not high school 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Part of being a receiver is knowing to come back to the quarterback when he is in trouble.  They do not do that 

and the routes I’m talking g about or the few routes that are over 20 yards 

how many times have you seen Mingo stop in those.  

Mingo needs to go to the bench.  Can’t believe Thomas Brown said Mingo is too good give ISM a rep.  Mingo has run some horrific routes this year.  The type that should  get him yanked out of a game. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

It’s mind blowing to watch a replay of Young scrambling out and most of the receivers are standing around. Are they not allowed to move from a certain spot?

Yes

im like, what exactly is Van Jefferson expecting of these guys.  What are they doing in practice every damned day 

honest to god, I can find no more rationale or any acceptable excuses of what is being trotted out there every day that we are expected to pay to see 

Mingo was similar to Brown and DK coming out where they were giants with limited route running ability who were going to take time to develop. 

I don't remember how Tennessee used Brown but in Seattle then just sent DK on go routes and let him body up on WRs. He's developed since his rookie year, but they knew what he could do and couldn't do when they got him. 

Panthers have hit one go route all year (underthrown pass to Thielen against Houston) and Bryce has thrown maybe 4? 

It's just more of the same disconnect between every single player the team has and the plays they're calling for them. 

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mingo and TMJ both look just absolutely dreadful for high 2nd round picks.

We could have had a pro-bowl center and a solid young TE like Musgrave or La Porta (4th we wasted for Johnson jumps 38 to 33) or a bevy of fast WRs.

Again, Fitt has been just awful and I think we can no longer just blame Rhule since Fitterer is doing the same poo now as he did with prior drafts.