• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rod after the game. Martinook after the game.

Darkseid89

I caught the post game interviews. Both called out the work ethic of “guys”. Rod said that some guys are trying to cut corners and maybe taking the easy way. 

Do you guys think that the new guys have created that much of a sag, so much so that it is affecting the entire teams ethic? Is there 1-2 or 3 that you can point to?

• Pie 1

Rod interview-

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-not-good-enough-against-panthers

They Said It...

An unhappy Rod Brind'Amour post-game...

"Our top guys weren't very good tonight. You're not going to win if they're not consistently at least matching the other team's top guys. If you watch [Florida's] top guys, they were all over. I don't know where our top guys were."

Jordan Martinook expressing similar frustrations...

"We didn't have everyone on board.  For the most part, we were off.  Our whole group was off.  It's disappointing because that's the team that ended our season last year.  You want to come out and show something.  Show that it hurt you.  We didn't do enough to win that game."

Sebastian Aho offering his thoughts on the affair...

"I thought they were better in every area.  It starts with our compete level up and down the lineup.  We've got to be a little better.  Sometimes the intention might be there, but the execution is not there... I felt like a lot of time those crucial 50/50 battles went their way and we've got to be better.  They got more momentum off of it and we spent way too much time in our own zone."

• Pie 2

Canes were out-muscled, out-played and weren't ready to meet physicality with physicality.

The Orlov-Chatty pair was rough when the season started with it and it's rough the second time around. I said before the season started that the blue line pairings after the top 4 were going to be difficult. 

The 3rd line is producing nothing and Bunting is a waste of money if he has nothing around him. Guy will get you 30 goals, but he'll be lucky to pot 15 alongside Drury, who is a liability.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1