• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Locked on Panthers: Carolina Panthers offense hits a new low in, 16-13, loss to the Chicago Bears

jayboogieman

Cliff Notes if you don't want to watch:

• Brown is lucky Reich was calling plays earlier in the season or he would be getting fired this week
  • Feels Reich and the rest of the Offensive staff are gone after the season. Defensive side might be offered to return since they're under contract
  • Feels Fitt is gone as well
  • Says the players signed in FA were players various members of the staff wanted.
  • Says ultimately things won't change as long as Tepper is involved no matter who is hired of fired
  • Finally, says to be thankful you don't have to watch the Panthers this coming Sunday😀
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:
  • Says ultimately things won't change as long as Tepper is involved no matter who is hired of fired
  •  

This part is the one I am not 100% in agreement on.  I get it, Tepper has not been good and maybe too involved in many of the decisions BUT overall he did not build this roster. Tepper did not miss on Sanders, Hurst, and Chark. Tepper did not miss on Icky (still to be determined).  Tepper did not miss on Marshall.  Tepper did not miss on how many other positions did the Panthers draft that have not developed nor contribute. 

Yeah I get it, he did hire these people and I was not happy to start with the Rhule hire but was with Reich and staff brought in this year.  So again, I put way more of this blame on who built this roster.  

Where I will lynch Tepper is if we didn't pick Stroud because of him.   

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

One guy says a division II defense is better than the Panthers. 

That is actually below the bar Here even for a rant. I am watching fewer and fewer of these pundits for their insight. 

Edit: I didn’t compliment the first rant because I didn’t want the person that posted the ESPN clip to feel singled out for ESPN’s content, and then I see you posted the first one too. Ha.

Edited by stratocatter

19 minutes ago, grateflday said:

This part is the one I am not 100% in agreement on.  I get it, Tepper has not been good and maybe too involved in many of the decisions BUT overall he did not build this roster. Tepper did not miss on Sanders, Hurst, and Chark. Tepper did not miss on Icky (still to be determined).  Tepper did not miss on Marshall.  Tepper did not miss on how many other positions did the Panthers draft that have not developed nor contribute. 

Yeah I get it, he did hire these people and I was not happy to start with the Rhule hire but was with Reich and staff brought in this year.  So again, I put way more of this blame on who built this roster.  

Where I will lynch Tepper is if we didn't pick Stroud because of him.   

Yeah, most of this current mess is on Fitt and Reich. That said, when you look at the overall Tepper tenure, it's been bad and the team has gotten worse over the years instead of better. That is on Tepper since he's the one that hired the wrong people to run his team.

I watched Julian as well...isn't this the kind of feedback that we've been hoping for? No lies were told.

That said, hopefully Tepper by process of elimination realizes that he is the common denominator. My guess is that he's trying to shortcut to a winner because that'll make the climate easier to discuss the stadium. It's totally backfiring and all he's doing is pushing things out...this is the same town that refused to negotiate with Shinn.

I don't want him to totally walk away though and "hand over to the football people" while he chases building a moon colony or whatever to keep himself occupied because then that risks him getting disinterested and someday not willing to spend when he should. He has to find a balance. Maybe he can shift gears and focus on the new stadium (the project features and design, not the deal--that's a long way off), because it's at least a team-oriented distraction while he hires a President of Football Operations that he knows and can trust.

Then again, sometimes these people are who they are. 

• Beer 1