• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s 9:13 am and nobodies fired yet?

Doc Holiday

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Harbaugh won't kiss Tepper's ass like Rhule and Reich does, so Tepper will never hire him.

You know Tepper only hires people that has the same mentality as him.

I'd say the notion of Harbaugh coming in, telling Tepper to sit down and righting the ship is a pipe dream.

The more likely scenario would be a lot of screaming matches between the two of them causing a similarly dysfunctional environment to the one that hastened his departure from San Francisco.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think blaming Campen or Jefferson is fair or wise... but I do think it's possible.

Reich probably doesn't, but if things continue I could see Thomas Brown going.

GM I could see only if Fitterer were known to have overruled Reich on his quarterback choices, but the story there seems to point to Tepper. Stephen Holder even mentioned that "the whole league" knows it.

The questions that arise then are 1) How do you fire someone if they only did what you told them, and 2) Who would want to come here knowing we have a meddling owner?

Young is far from the only issue with the roster.  Even if Fitt gets a pass on Young the rest of the offense is still an issue.  

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Young is far from the only issue with the roster.  Even if Fitt gets a pass on Young the rest of the offense is still an issue.  

And a big reason for that is that they're not being used in a way that fits their skill set.

That's on Reich, and maybe Brown as well if we're being honest.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And a big reason for that is that they're not being used in a way that fits their skill set.

That's on Reich, and maybe Brown as well if we're being honest.

What is Hurst's skillset that can make him look better?  Miles Sanders?  What about Marshall?  The offensive line isn't being used to their skillset but all of Young's weapons don't appear to have much of a skillset to being with. AT is the only one who looks decent but we are force feeding him the ball because we have no one else.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

What is Hurst's skillset that can make him look better?  Miles Sanders?  What about Marshall?  The offensive line isn't being used to their skillset but all of Young's weapons don't appear to have much of a skillset to being with. AT is the only one who looks decent but we are force feeding him the ball because we have no one else.  

Hurst's skill set isn't the issue. He's got two: the first being that he's likely lost a step but the second being that Adam Thielen is playing the role he'd typically be playing...and doing it better.

Marshall is a lost cause. Doesn't matter what we do with him.

Sanders I have said before I don't think is healthy.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurst's skill set isn't the issue. He's got two: the first being that he's likely lost a step but the second being that Adam Thielen is playing the role he'd typically be playing...and doing it better.

Marshall is a lost cause. Doesn't matter what we do with him.

Sanders I have said before I don't think is healthy.

So our GM paid out money for two guys that have the same skillset in Hurst and AT?  Then he overpaid for an injured RB?  I mean it still points back to him...

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So our GM paid out money for two guys that have the same skillset in Hurst and AT?  Then he overpaid for an injured RB?  I mean it still points back to him...

Thielen was envisioned as an outside receiver, the switch to him playing in the slot didn't come until the season started.

We know they made an offer to D'onta Foreman first. Staley even said when he got here that he really wanted to work with him.

After Foreman turned it down though, I think Sanders was likely suggested by Reich and Staley since both of them had worked with him before and he'd be familiar with elements of the system.

My guess is they thought he'd heal quicker. That, of course, is pretty impossible to predict but it doesn't stop people from trying.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thielen was envisioned as an outside receiver, the switch to him playing in the slot didn't come until the season started.

We know they made an offer to D'onta Foreman first. Staley even said when he got here that he really wanted to work with him.

After Foreman turned it down though, I think Sanders was likely suggested by Reich and Staley since both of them had worked with him before and he'd be familiar with elements of the system.

My guess is they thought he'd heal quicker. That, of course, is pretty impossible to predict but it doesn't stop people from trying.

I can understand all of that.  Every GM thinks they are making the right move when they make it, but when it's not the right move it falls on them unfortunately.  The results are what they are.  

48 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Harbaugh won't kiss Tepper's ass like Rhule and Reich does, so Tepper will never hire him.

You know Tepper only hires people that has the same mentality as him.

And this is why we will never have success as long as Tepper is making the decisions.

Bryce Young didn't even throw at the combine. He had his mind made up on Bryce before the draft process even started. Now he's stuck with the 4th best QB from that class.

• Pie 1

I’d love to be in the room when Frank talks to Tepper. I think Fitt gets the ax at some point probably when the Commissioner walks out and says “with the 1st pick in the NFL draft the Chicago Bears via trade with the Carolina Panthers select Caleb Williams”. 

Frank will get another year with his all star cast lol.