• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No one has a long Leash (including Reich)

ncfan

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Harbaugh has a meal ticket in Michigan right now and he's not leaving that for Carolina in our current situation unless the NCAA is going to nail him. But if that's the case, there's also much more lucrative jobs where he can choose his QB than this one. Other than salary, not a lot to bring him here. 

Let me dream Willy!

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He also had guys on his successful winning team ready to mutiny because of how he treated them.

Harbaugh's personality is pretty similar to Josh McDaniels when it comes to how he reacts to players. That's why he can do well in college where there's constant turnover.

In the pros? You might get a short-term flash from him like the Niners did, but if you're looking for a long-term winner it's not gonna be Jim Harbaugh.

John on the other hand...

in 4 years, he wins 70% of his games, wins the division 2x, 2nd in third year playoffs 3 out of 4 years with a SB appearance, yeah he is not made for the pros 😂

God I love your takes

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

No, a million times no

Harbaugh can be a great coach in the right situation, this isn't one of them.

He's more of a Deion Sanders or Urban Meyer type of coach, needs to be in the right situation to succeed and it's one of two things, college kids or a fully built out NFL roster with an elite QB.

We're neither

His schtick just doesn't work well with grown men who make 10's of millions of dollars, he's a motivator more than a coach.  And there is nothing wrong with that, it's a style of coaching that can be very successful with the right team around them, but it's not meant for a rebuilding NFL franchise.

Too bad because he's going to win wherever he lands.

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Does next years coach get a 1 year grace period? Because if so this could be a somewhat attractive job since we are well on our way to having the 1st overall pick in 2025. 

This roster/team is so bad. Right now I feel pretty confident saying we’ll have a top 3 pick in 2025. Which a little tanking we could easily attain the 1st overall pick again. 

Kind of similar to Gannon in Zona this year. Everyone knew Zona would be competing for that number 1 pick. 

Yes, if we were to replace Reich this year with an outside hire (as in not promoting Deuce or one of the coordinators) you'd have to imagine they get a 1 year grace period.

The problem is still that even with that, there are far too many great HC openings that will be there this offseason, we'd still be so far down the list that we won't get a top candidate.

And do you really want to hire a HC banking on sucking next year and just hope that we end up with the #1 pick and whoever the top QB prospect is, fits with that HC's style?

If you think fans are unhappy now, another new HC ending up with the worst record in the league is going to set this town on fire.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Too bad because he's going to win wherever he lands.

Yes, because he's going to go to a place that is a good fit for him.

We're not a good fit for him, which is why he'd never come here.

If he goes to the NFL, except it to be to the Bears when they get Williams or Maye and can pair them with Harrison and also having Moore on the team.

That's a skill position set that Harbaugh can win with

Bryce, Thielen, Mingo isn't

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Yes, because he's going to go to a place that is a good fit for him.

We're not a good fit for him, which is why he'd never come here.

If he goes to the NFL, except it to be to the Bears when they get Williams or Maye and can pair them with Harrison and also having Moore on the team.

That's a skill position set that Harbaugh can win with

Bryce, Thielen, Mingo isn't

There have been some rumors that the Bears job is the one he really wants.

Some folks expect the Raiders to go after him as well.

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

in 4 years, he wins 70% of his games, wins the division 2x, 2nd in third year playoffs 3 out of 4 years with a SB appearance, yeah he is not made for the pros 😂

God I love your takes

He's not built for a rebuild in the NFL

I think that is the key differentiator

His style of coaching doesn't fit with a bad team that is going to have growing pains, it won't work with NFL players, just like it didn't for Urban Meyer.

Put him on a team with a well stocked offensive roster and/or elite young prospects (i.e. the Bears with Williams and Harrison) and it's a different story.

21 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

The problem with that is Deuce has been a very hot up and coming name in recent years.

If I'm him, I wouldn't do that.

None of this stink falls back on him because he's not the OC and it's Reich's offense anyways.

But if he were to do that and then we suck next year, it would ruin everything he's tried to build up the last few years and may never get another HC opportunity after that.

If we fire Reich, we're looking at either another re-tread HC, or a second tier level candidate who wasn't expecting to be in line for any HC job this offseason and just wanted to jump the line.

Evero is up and coming so was Brown (still needs more experience).  I don't think many teams are going to pluck any of them away from our mess of a season.  I wonder when was the last time an assistant from a bottom tier team got offered a HC job somewhere else?