• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is very similar to Drew Brees but Panthers nation should be patient

Lame Duck

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The need to justify picking him is a real problem. If not then switch back the oline blocking. Can't. It would harm Bryce so keep having really bad play and just blame the oline that they built for their new QB.

Owner, FO/Coaches and then having to justify that pick is the chain of blame for the offense in my eyes. None of that is Bryce's direct fault, even with his meh play, but he also can't get away from it either. In a way he is the center of the offensive problems, not him personally but all that he is tied to that has led to the corner they put themselves in. IDK a hostage to the Owners', FO's and coaches' mistakes may be a better way of putting it. They can't even sit him 'to grow' without taking a massive beating. 

Put it this way if there was a book on how to NOT develop a rookie QB, we are the damn authors.  I get our future relies on Young playing better, but do we really have that good of a future regardless with the same crew responsible for this mess?  

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What Sam is doing this year is crazy, but it's a pretty different situation.  One was able to sit nearly his entire rookie season and is in his second year now.  That can make a bigger difference than you think.  That same player has a better OC, better weapons, and a better running game.  Basically WR1, WR2, TE, and RB all favor Washington with our old slow WR beating their's.  Even with all of that Howell is impressing the hell out of me and I wish we had drafted him.  Imagine having Howell with CMC, and DJ Moore still plus all of our picks....

Howell leads the league in picks. His completion percentage is bottom half of the league.

But he can push the ball downfield. He has big play ability and that can't be denied. That's why his team is still competing.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Howell leads the league in picks. His completion percentage is bottom half of the league.

But he can push the ball downfield. He has big play ability and that can't be denied. That's why his team is still competing.

The picks are a result of his OL.  He also had one game where he threw like 4 (call it an outlier).  He is looking the part to me.  If they really build around him he can be special.  

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Put it this way if there was a book on how to NOT develop a rookie QB, we are the damn authors.  I get our future relies on Young playing better, but do we really have that good of a future regardless with the same crew responsible for this mess?  

Yup. I don't see a good path and I see lots of bad options goinng forward. Fans are still stuck on 'just build around him like Miami did' but that is just insane to hear when they clearly already have and this was their foundation of that dream.

The future of the team doesn't rely on Young, the people who picked him do. Even with all they spent on him they could just eat the pain and move along with egg on their face. The people who picked him can't until it turns around or they are fired. And then there is Tepper and that is it's own nightmare. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

The picks are a result of his OL.  He also had one game where he threw like 4 (call it an outlier).  He is looking the part to me.  If they really build around him he can be special.  

He is a gunslinger and he would turn it over some with a much better oline. At least for a little while at best. 

• Pie 1