• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurt Locker nominated for Best Picture...

Zod

i love three kings but it and hurt locker have almost nothing in common.

Both movies based during wars in Iraq...that is the only thing I was getting at after Zod said it is the best Irag war movie. Sure, different Irag wars and Three Kings was more about a Gold Heist but still a Iraq War movie. Yes, they are not alike, I just said I personally enjoyed Three Kings more.

There was more suspense in that first scene than the whole of most movies in the suspense genre

I felt more suspense when Will Smith was looking for his dog in the dark in that Vampire warehouse during I am Legend.

But yes, that was suspenseful....movie did a good job of grabbing you by the balls from the very beginning.

Hurt locker was brilliant in its simplicity and realism. No politics. No outlandish gun fights. You are just transported and shown as best that can be shown what it must feel like to be one of those men, and the poo they really do have to deal with.

I agree with that,....this is why I had my son watch it with me. He asked lots of questions during the movie and I think he got the jist of what life is like for a lot of the guys over there. Of course there is no way he would consider joining the military now.....

I guess it was the simplistic part of the whole movie that made it less than steller for me, while great for others. Weird because I am not big into explosions, gun fights, car chases, etc. and usually like simplistic. The movie was just missing something for me to consider it the best picture of the year or the most suspensful of all time.

I was pumped to see Renner get a nod for this movie. I was baffled that he was left out of the Globes (especially since there are technically 10 Best Actor noms there).

I agree that it was up there in most suspenseful movies I have ever seen. The first scene sets the tone for the rest of the movie - that no character is safe from beginning to end.

And it is so refreshing to be able to watch a war movie that doesn't shove the director's views on war down your throat.

Archived