• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurt Locker nominated for Best Picture...

Zod

By far the best Iraq War movie made.

Best actor, director, screenplay, and picture.

It has more suspense than any movie I have ever seen.

ON a relatively small budget, little if any CGI, I am hoping it wins over Cameron's Avatar. Interesting note, the Hurt Locker was directed by Cameron's ex-wife, only the 4th time a woman has been nominated for best director.

If you have not seen this movie, do so.

10 allows movies that most people have actually seen be nominated so the TV show is going to be more appealing to the masses. Ratings is what they are after. The outcome won't change.

Maybe. I think the general public has so much disdain for Hollywood. But, giant epics like Avatar may pull more viewers in like Titanic did in 97.

Movie was average. The best actor in the movie died in the first scene.

Son and I watched it a couple of weeks ago and I thought the same thing. I love movies like that but it there was nothing about it that made it really stand out from anything else to me. A good movie, but nothing special. Maybe I missed something. As far as Irag war movies, I actually like Three Kings with Ice Cube in it more.

Hurt locker was brilliant in its simplicity and realism. No politics. No outlandish gun fights. You are just transported and shown as best that can be shown what it must feel like to be one of those men, and the shit they really do have to deal with.

All it was missing was a Bon Jovi soundtrack

So you have honestly never seen a more suspenseful movie than Hurt Locker? I find that hard to believe. How about a movie that is actually in the "suspense" genre? On the suspense scale it might be a 3 out of 10 (yes there is a suspense scale).

Valkyrie was more suspenseful than the Hurt Locker and everyone knew that they weren't going to actually suceed in killing Hitler!

I am not bashing the movie, because it was worth watching but calling it the most suspenseful movie you have ever seen is a biiiiiiig stretch. (although I suppose this may only be the 4th or 5th movie you have ever watched I suppose).

Archived