• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

X Box 360 wireless adapter

Jeff L

I don't suppose anyone has an extra one of these laying around that they would be willing to sell by chance... If not, do you know where I might be able to pick one up cheaper than $100? I have looked on ebay, amazon, etc...

My oldest son has decided he would like X Box live and I told him I would look into it for him!

Thanks in advance for any info!

Buy a 50 dollar router from linksys and turn it into an adapter. Works like a charm and has a greater signal strength than a regular router.

I have an old linksys router that I'm not using anymore... How would I get it to work?

The problem with a long cord is the router is upstairs and my sons bedroom is downstairs. Our house is about 4,500 sf so running a cable is not realistic.

Guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and spend money on an adapter.

Thanks to everyone that suggested possible solutions!

Guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and spend money on an adapter.

If you're gonna spend a fair amount of money, look into the 85Mbps powerline product from companies like netgear. Side benefit is that you get 4 ports with the unit and will have 3 available for anything else you might want to plug in.

I had just bought this one XEB1004 to connect to my DirecTV receiver and Slingbox in my bedroom. It worked fine except that it stumbled every once in a while playing HD video from my other DirecTV receiver in the downstairs livingroom. It would be fine for Xbox though. I ended up taking it back and exchanging it for their 200 Mbps unit.

But....my thought being that by spending just a little more than what the Microsoft wireless g unit costs, you get a much more useful appliance.

Archived