• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mass Effect 2 Spoilers Thread

Sultan33g

As far as what's meant by winter 2011

"Electronic Arts COO John Schappert added that "something far-reaching" from the Mass Effect franchise to the list of upcoming titles due in the fourth quarter of the company's 2011 fiscal year. That means something Mass Effect related arriving between January 1 and March 31 of next calendar year."

http://kotaku.com/5467071/ea-something-far+reaching-coming-from-mass-effect-in-2011

As far as what's meant by winter 2011

"Electronic Arts COO John Schappert added that "something far-reaching" from the Mass Effect franchise to the list of upcoming titles due in the fourth quarter of the company's 2011 fiscal year. That means something Mass Effect related arriving between January 1 and March 31 of next calendar year."

http://kotaku.com/5467071/ea-something-far+reaching-coming-from-mass-effect-in-2011

If that's true it must be a expansion pack

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that he's talking about ME3. With all the other titles he's not cryptic, but in regards to Mass Effect he is, which you'd only want to do if you're dealing with the final installment in an epic trilogy and it's too early to make a firm commitment in regards to a period for a possible release.

same engine and poo all they have to do is develop content. from there it's like we could either do dlc or just make mass effect 3 since it's going to use the same technology and everything

doesnt make sense to release a massive expansion pack like they are doing for dragon age, since the same technology is being used for the sequel.

Just finished. The ending sequence blew my mind. IMO it would have been cool to have some degree of influence over the cinematics while they're happening, but that's just me being picky.

I had the Paragon ending I suppose. Everyone survived except for Kelly (who was liquified, and my only love interest :() and Jack, who pulled a classic "You want some!?" moment and got herself carried away by seekers. Miranda sided with me, and I chose to blow up the station.

It's going to be interesting to see how they're going to do the third one now. I noticed that #2, the majority of the choices that seem like they might influence the 3rd game seem pretty unimportant when compared to some of the decisions in #1.

That being said, what with the amazing number of ways the suicide mission can go, which is purely awesome btw, it makes me think that #3 will have to have almost an entirely new cast, and most likely a new main character considering that Shephard can die in #2, along with everyone else except Joker.

This is pure fun speculation, but the ending of #2 with the Reapers emerging from darkspace makes me think that the scale of #3 is going to be somewhat different, with less exploration and a lot more combat, hopefully more space combat considering Joker is the only true survivor.

It seems pretty obvious to me where Bioware is heading with the third one overall though. With so many Reapers, the entire galaxy must either settle their differences and fend off the reapers. Of course that is unlesss you're a renegade and let Cerberus get so powerful that Humanity concurs the galaxy. Another option will probably be the Reapers winning.

I also think i know where my personal game is going. My main decisions are mostly Paragon. I let the council live, I let the Rachnii live, and I blew up the Collector station. So hopefully in the 3rd one everyone in my game allies together to fight off the Reapers and I get treated to some good old Sci-fi ass kicking with Joker as the main character in charge of the Alliance fleet.

Of course who knows, Bioware may settle the reaper fleet issue within the first 2 hours of gameplay, or make it so Shephard (or whoever) are able to hijack and reaper and somehow take the Reaper into darkspace to attack the source of the Reapers leaving the galaxy to fend for itself while you try to find some way to stop the Reapers, unlink them, and shut them all down for good.

Or who know, we may get both on a 4-Disc game with multiple storylines. This game probably won't come out for another 3-4 years with the amount of work that will need to go in, but hot damn I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, except the human Reaper thing. I thought that was retarded.

Archived