• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

P90x?

Panthericulous

So I have lost just over 20 pounds eating better and doing some cardio work on the Wii and have been thinkiing for a while about getting P90X. Just noticed the ads on this site and was wondering if anyone here has used it and what their thoughts were. My goal is about another 25 pounds but I want to add muscle. The Wii just cant do that.

Thanks....

P90x is a pretty intense workout. I went through 1.5 cycles last year (injured halfway through one). It will definitely make you lose weight and gain muscle. You will notice results within a couple of weeks.

I have a friend that did it as well. He started off around 230 and dropped down to about 205 or so. He put on a good bit of muscle as well. I say go for it.

It's nothing you wouldn't be able to do in your living room. Although, if you aren't looking to buy any extra equipment, give the "Insanity" workout a try.

Also, don't go straight to P90x. Try Power 90 (P90) or Power 90 master series (P90m) first. Build yourself up to the super intense workouts and you'll be a lot happier with it.

it's garbage. do Crossfit.

i want to... too expensive and would be too diffuclt to get to... the only one i have heard of in charlotte is like an hour away and it is cheaper to sign up me and my wife together but we would have to do it at different times...

i have heard a bunch of great things about crossfit, just wont be able to d it until they get one going closer to me...

From all the nutrionists I know and personal trainers. They speak pretty highly of P90.

But, it's no joke.

I do think muscle confusion is the way to go. Keeps you from hitting plateaus and just for sheer variety it's good.

But, the last few days, I have eaten homemade chocolate chip cookies while watching the infomercials.

I got a hoops league coming up and I just need to run more.

Good luck whatever you do.

first off BIG CONGRATS on losing 20 pounds!!!

second I've been meaning to share this for some time, here is what you need: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

free. no need for 90x(heard good things too)

I hold a interest in supplements, anti-aging, mens health, diet, exercise, over all well being. I had many befiefs and ideas before finding marks apple, but he summed up most of them in the primal blueprint 101.

I dont buy any of his stuff/supplements, nor do I recommmend you too either. Just read and read and form your own ideas. Its a wealth of knowledge on various topics. You dont need a gym membership, a dust collecting workout machine, or some gimmicky/faddy workout. You already have all you need.

the best workout is the one youre not doing.

good luck

thanks for the congrats... feels good... i started by doing the belly off diet from men's health and stopped drinking for the month of January... very hard to do when you work for a liquor distributor... and my wife by association since i do all the cooking has shed 9 pounds (not that she really needed it but she is happier)...

my problem is dragging myself to the gym and getting a worthwhile work out... i was at my best shape when playing football kept me in a strict regiment... i just feel something like p90x would keep me straight... i mean if the wii got me excited, i think something like p90x would really keep me going...

i can tell you that i will check out marks daily apple a lot... a couple of those diagrams were pretty telling...

thanks for the heads up...

thanks for the congrats... feels good... i started by doing the belly off diet from men's health and stopped drinking for the month of January... very hard to do when you work for a liquor distributor... and my wife by association since i do all the cooking has shed 9 pounds (not that she really needed it but she is happier)...

my problem is dragging myself to the gym and getting a worthwhile work out... i was at my best shape when playing football kept me in a strict regiment... i just feel something like p90x would keep me straight... i mean if the wii got me excited, i think something like p90x would really keep me going...

i can tell you that i will check out marks daily apple a lot... a couple of those diagrams were pretty telling...

thanks for the heads up...

you must do what works for you.

we are all individuals, what worked for me may not work for you or a 65 years old woman etc etc. If dragging yourself to a gym works, do it. If the action of buying a new workout will give you motivation, do it. Whatever works for you, do it.

staying finding motivation is another key.

i normally dont pimp ANYTHING, cause im old school about my word. marks 101 is great tool for any man in the current world, just my opinion. Previously stated, I believe and share nearly ALL his ideas/opinions/philosophies, but he summed them up much better I could have. Its a weekly read for me and has been for some time.

kicking the booze, o boy.......Ive done that too. Willpower. losing weight, giving up booze, you must have a strong will to do so. I'm a HUGE boozehound, but I too needed to lose some lbs. So I too gave it up. I know the pain of losing both. Plus it help to see what new research about excess drinking does to the male....not so good. Most know about its effect on the liver(my liver was a bad man so i punished him), but know theres evidence about the negative testosterone effect. Booze is like nuts, fruits, dark chocolate etc, little is good, but too much is TERRIBLE. 1-2 dark beers is good, 9-12 not so much. Too much booze and it has a estrogen effect on males. mark has a take on it too, drink water/fruit juice and act drunk.

plus within one month(+/- some days) I will be testing a new type of research drug, and maybe if things go the way I believe they will. I'll be selling the legal product. Only if works and can be sold to the common man for a reasonable price.

If you need any more input, just ask.

Workouts like P90x are only as hard as you make them, but if you follow the nutrition guide and work hard, it will pay off. Lately I've been reading about lot of people doing P90x and then moving on the Insanity for conditioning.

I've actually been thinking about doing P90x myself lately to tone up. A lot of people have told me they like Insanity for the fact that it doesn't require equipment, but I like using free weights.

I also want to buy a kettle bell. My high school had a bunch of them. No better workout.

i want to... too expensive and would be too diffuclt to get to... the only one i have heard of in charlotte is like an hour away and it is cheaper to sign up me and my wife together but we would have to do it at different times...

i have heard a bunch of great things about crossfit, just wont be able to d it until they get one going closer to me...

yeah. it's expensive.

to be fair i don't know anything about px90, i just pimp crossfit because i own one. all i know is that the women who frequent my place love to make fun of it.

Archived