• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

C.J. Stroud: I don’t think Bryce Young is playing badly in any way, aspect, or form

NAS

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

We picked the right guy

I feel the same. People just so hung up on Stroud vs Young that they not even paying attention to the situations that's not even the same to be judged. The material Young is learning is far more then what Stroud is learning. When Young can get a hang of everything he is learning, he will be on another level. The problem is it takes time, and fans are tired of losing. Fans want immediate progress. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Byrdman4real said:

I feel the same. People just so hung up on Stroud vs Young that they not even paying attention to the situations that's not even the same to be judged. The material Young is learning is far more then what Stroud is learning. When Young can get a hang of everything he is learning, he will be on another level. The problem is it takes time, and fans are tired of losing. Fans want immediate progress. 

Everyone should know it takes 3 years before we can compare these QBs.  I said before we picked Young that he was a better player than Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.  I truly believe that still

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Byrdman4real said:

How do you know what Young is learning vs what Stroud is learning? And how do you quantify it being “far more”? 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

How do you know what Young is learning vs what Stroud is learning? And how do you quantify it being “far more”? 

I totally get supporting your guy but idk why people are still dying on this hill about Stroud having low football IQ like he's a numbskull running a basic one read offense. Like you can cope without living a total lie. The kid is clearly talented. Hopefully Bryce has the better day this weekend like he should as the #1 pick but you cannot deny CJ his due so far he's answered the call and then some.

• Pie 1

Lou Holtz would be proud of CJ.

I get it can take a while to judge. And I am normally right there with the level headed thinking approach. Slow to judge. Observe, and observe some more before concluding anything. Consider angles, influencing factors out of the player’s control, giving the benefit of every doubt until shown otherwise.  At least, up until this year, I had been that guy.

I know I shouldn’t shut the door after 1,2,3,4,5 straight crappy games, but man I got my hand on the doorknob. The cumulative effect of really not believing in this kid to the point of being tempted to send misguided desperate prayers that they take anyone but him, of course they take him.

I have never been there on a player. Never been Anybody But That Guy. ANYBODY.But that is where I was.  I hadn’t taken any of the talk of moving up seriously. Surely they wouldn’t fall for this, they know this game is played by men. Big and fast men. They would not fall victim to the trend of thinking he could outsmart them all and being the size of a below average high school starter, would not matter! My belief system was shattered. A psyop  HAs to be. No, it is fuging real. fuging Tepper is real too. 

And then here is the season, with all the bail outs and throwaways, and all the little 5 yards in the air stuff over and over, and seeing a guy pull the QB down for a sack while on the ground - using what looked like two fingers, and Dalton in for the sneak because…. That is fuging ridiculous. Trade the farm for a guy that you don’t trust to run a sneak. For whatever reason you don’t trust him, who cares what the reason is. You took a guy that you are afraid to use at crunch time. Brilliant.  

That stuff pushes me not to care as much that he ‘throws with anticipation into some tight windows’, and is really smart. 

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

Dude even steve smith said it. And I was high on Stroud also, its not a who smarter then who situation. It's more of who is more ready and better for who scheme. Stroud is perfect for what his team scheme is. 

Edited by Byrdman4real

19 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Trade the farm for a guy that you don’t trust to run a sneak. For whatever reason you don’t trust him, who cares what the reason is. You took a guy that you are afraid to use at crunch time. Brilliant.  

I guess Chiefs don’t trust Mahomes either since he doesn’t run the sneak anymore 

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

Dude even steve smith said it. And I was high on Stroud also, its not a who smarter then who situation. It's more of who is more ready and better for who scheme. Stroud is perfect for what his team scheme is. 

Steve said in his podcast this week that he would have been too short to play quarterback, he said he has no idea what it takes to play quarterback, said he has no idea the full scope of what’s on a QBs plate and more. You are making a claim about him being asked to do far more than Stroud. I want to know how you know this. Quantify it for me. If your answer is a talking head WR and a random tweet saying so that doesn’t really help. 

What is the Panthers scheme vs what is the Texans scheme? Show me how you can tell Bryce is being asked to do… “far more”. 

• Pie 1

From what I’ve seen, Young does not scare NFL defenses…not with his legs or his arm or his sturdiness in the pocket and that is a problem 

if that ball isn’t out of his hands in 3 seconds or less, it’s over …there’s very little off script play making 

I want to drink the koolaide but it’s not there for me 

Yes, he is a rookie, yes it’s a new scheme, yes the talent on the Panthers is not the best, but I honestly do not see Young age an ascendant QB, not in the NFL.

he is, frankly, painful to watch   It feels pro ponderously hopeless to watch him  

I will be thrilled to be wrong.   

The Texans defense is hardly world beaters, I’d really like to see what they saw in him when it matters…not in garbage time …with the ball in his hands to win a game, can he?   I don’t know 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Steve said in his podcast this week that he would have been too short to play quarterback, he said he has no idea what it takes to play quarterback, said he has no idea the full scope of what’s on a QBs plate and more. You are making a claim about him being asked to do far more than Stroud. I want to know how you know this. Quantify it for me. If your answer is a talking head WR and a random tweet saying so that doesn’t really help. 

What is the Panthers scheme vs what is the Texans scheme? Show me how you can tell Bryce is being asked to do… “far more”. 

Dude I don't got to prove anything to you or show you anything. You can clearly see it or watch it. Look at both QBs games, look at the pre-snaps, the processing, the audibles, the motions, and the line adjustments. Then come back and tell me Stroud is doing all of them. Because young is most definitely doing it. I been playing and around football my hole life. I know what I'm talking about.

• Poo 2

Didn't I hear that they are no longer going to ask Young to do what they had been asking him?

What did they call it? Simplifying the offense? Can't remember exactly.

I am gonna assume that is because it was too complicated for the other players, they couldn't keep up. The team told Young they were sorry, but until they could get him NFL teammates, it was going to remain rudimentary, nearly to Stroud level.

Young will flat tear that up. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, t96 said:

we're gonna take the word of a dude who scored like a 3 on his S2 test???

What does his s2 score has anything to do with lying?  I trust CJ more than I trust trolls on here making fun of his low score.  If he says Sam D is a good QB, then you would have a good argument but NOT against Bryce. Got that???

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

Everyone should know it takes 3 years before we can compare these QBs.  I said before we picked Young that he was a better player than Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.  I truly believe that still

I agree but I so like the home grown kid Drake. However, I do not like Caleb and think he is overrated.