• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most tortured fans

Matt Foley

Cleveland sports fans have it the worst. They used to be great back in the 50's and now...

The Browns for example were crap for so long after the SB era started, with some decent finishes here and there but mostly nothing to show for it. Then the whole shitfest of the team being ripped away from them only to watch the Vultures win a SB a couple years later. Or the Indians for that matter who were robbed in the 97 WS against the Marlins. The Cavs at least have some hope, provided King James doesn't leave.

i can't go with the vikings on this. year in and year out they are one of the better teams. my vote would go to the browns or cubs. just bad or cursed, these two teams are almost always out of it by mid season.

Yeah but trust me....tis crueler to be teased than it is to be out of it halfway through the season.

Browns fans don't remember 2-14 seasons. They remember The Drive, or The Fumble. And Vikings fans have 10 of those scars, at least. Packers fans are snickering, though.

Cleveland sports fans have it the worst. They used to be great back in the 50's and now...

The Browns for example were crap for so long after the SB era started, with some decent finishes here and there but mostly nothing to show for it. Then the whole poofest of the team being ripped away from them only to watch the Vultures win a SB a couple years later. Or the Indians for that matter who were robbed in the 97 WS against the Marlins. The Cavs at least have some hope, provided King James doesn't leave.

how the fug do you figure that?!?!?

Marlins have bought two World Series and destroyed two fan bases getting there.

iam apart of that fanbase. and believe me i bet cubs fans would take it in a heart beat. the 2003 team did not buy a WS.

Those players were all guys we got in the firesale of 97, lowell, beckett, castillo, pierre, derek lee, dontrelle willis etc etc. and miguel cabrera was brought up from our system.

97 was a stacked ass team. sheffield, alou, white, bonilla, kevin brown, al lieter, charles johnson, jeff conine, livan hernandez and a very young edgar rentiria (who had the game winning rbi in extra innings of game 7)

which by the way....the 1997 world series was a fantastic series....and does NOT get the attention it deserves as one of the best. lead changes, nail biting finsishes....and the ultimate Game 7, bottom of the 11th inning.....walk of victory. thats epic.

but still back to the original point....how was the indians screwed out of the WS in 97? thats a joke. they were stacked as well.....thome, manny ramirez, alomar, grissom, justice, jared wright....

i agree i have hated the firesales and it has sucked. but poo i have witnessed 2 world championships as my short time as a huge marlins fan (they were created in '93) so ill take it.

our team now is good too. we finally locked up hanley ramirez and josh johnson....two of imo primere players in the game. we just signed danny uggla to a contract as well to avoid arbitration. we got a new stadium finally coming.....hopefully, iam crossing my fingers, we keep our young good players and start building with FA and draft.

god knows the fans deserve to be able to buy a jersey and have it stay relevant for awhile.

but as long as jeff loria is owner....iam not that optimisitc....i hate that tool

Archived