• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

End of the World

Matt Foley

Have you seen the special on the History Channel. Scary as hell how many people have picked 2012 as the date of something cataclysmic/final. Reminds me of the movie with Nic Cage a couple of years ago. Nostradamus himself said a huge ball of fire from the sky....supposedly solar activity peaks in 2012.

don't watch that crap. it intentionally misinterprets pretty much everything it talks about.

don't watch that crap. it intentionally misinterprets pretty much everything it talks about.

Did you see the stuff about the two brothers who were mixing psychedelic drugs in the 60s and came up with the Timewave theory? That was kinda scary. They came up with the same timeframe...December 2012.

Have you seen the special on the History Channel. Scary as hell how many people have picked 2012 as the date of something cataclysmic/final. Reminds me of the movie with Nic Cage a couple of years ago. Nostradamus himself said a huge ball of fire from the sky....supposedly solar activity peaks in 2012.

I would hire the 2 asshats in your avatar, to play dueling banjo's on my way to the big playground in the sky. Yep....sho wood! They look kinda familiar though..............

:party:

If the government found out that we're doomed and there wasn't ample time to prepare or try to avert the disaster, they would never, ever tell us. They wouldn't want to incite mass panic, it's the safer choice to let everyone die while living their normal lives.

But if they did, I don't know what I'd do. I guess I would try to see as many of my loved ones as possible and then spend the last hour on opiates.

If the government found out that we doomed and there wasn't ample time to prepare or try to avert the disaster, they would never, ever tell us. They wouldn't want to incite mass panic, it's the safer choice to let everyone die while living their normal lives.

But if they did, I don't know what I'd do. I guess I would try to see as many of my loved ones as possible and then spend the last hour on opiates.

Exactly

Most realistic scenario is announcing the astroid in 2036, that will be the closest one to earth without a direct impact, has hit the earth's gravity key hole and in 6 years will hit us. Even then, i doubt it would be announced because chaos would break out within those 6 years.

I'd get me a bushel of oysters, and I'd eat every damn one of them. Call a friend or two to laugh about old times, call another couple or two to cuss out again, and keep shucking oysters......me and Jack Black. Just like it always was. Might actually pinch a purty girls ass without permission, hell it's the end of the world. :D

:cheers2:

Archived