• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Netflix

Jeff L

I had the 2 movie plan for about 2 years with no issues and love it. The 2 movie plan was good because I could have a movie and my kids could have a movie at the same time. Think it was about $14 a month.

Decided to cancel it when I was only finding time to watch movies about once a month and I got Direct TV with all the premium channels for free for 6 months. Now I just use Redbox if I want to see a movie. Hard to beat $1 a night from Redbox but Netflix is nice to have if you watch movies a lot and they have a great selection.

I have been eyeballing the streaming lately. Might get it.

I'm with JR. We love Redbox. Great location and I'm not bound to a contract or drama.

Plus I have the flexibility instead of feeling like I have to watch tv/movies because of the money I'm paying.

yep its great

I second this! I have had it for almost 4 years. 2 movies were lost in the mail and they sent me out replacements ASAP. Both lost movies showed up the same day as the replacements did. You can also watch some movies over the computer, free!

I also have CinemaNow, but you have to pay to watch a movie. About equal to a movie ticket for a just released DVD movie.

Netflix is the way to go.

I just read this on MSN:

DVDs

The days of going to a video store to rent a movie are near an end. Blockbuster has said it plans to close more than a fifth of its stores by the end of 2010. (The company didn't return calls for comment.)

Looking ahead, DVD purchases could turn cold as well. An average DVD sells for around $20. That's pricier than signing up for Netflix or renting movies from cable providers' on-demand channels. Netflix charges as little as $8.99 a month to rent one DVD at a time -- with no limit to the number of monthly rentals.

Time Warner Cable offers thousands of movies on demand for around $4.99 each. Verizon cable service charges $5.99 a month to download unlimited movies.

If you have kids you might have an xbox? You can rent regular DVD through the mail and you can stream movies from your xbox. But the xbox slelection isn't all that great. But I've found some hidden gems in there. But if you want to really stream movies through Netflix look into getting a Roku player. It is only $99.

Archived