• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you under water?

Zod

Bought mine in 1991 for $90,000 & I've seen the tax value as high as $175,000. I just laughed at that. The latest tax value is down to $154,000 which is a little more than where it was before the prices jumped. 1875 sq ft brick ranch, attached 2-car garage, built in 1972, nothing special. It's the location here in Statesville that counts.

My property values actually increased last year by about 12%. Of course, that's due to location. Being in an area where 80% of the homes are $1m+ second and third homes helps a lot.

And my wife and I refinanced last year to lock in 4.675%. Sweeeeet!

Edit: Just want to make clear that my property is appraised at $190k, I'm nowhere as comfortable financially as my neighbors. :)

My property values actually increased last year by about 12%. Of course, that's due to location. Being in an area where 80% of the homes are $1m+ second and third homes helps a lot.

And my wife and I refinanced last year to lock in 4.675%. Sweeeeet!

Edit: Just want to make clear that my property is appraised at $190k, I'm nowhere as comfortable financially as my neighbors. :)

You missed a great opportunity to claim:

"Underwater? I AM water!"

get it?

wokka wokka...

Archived