• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you under water?

Zod

• 2 weeks later...

fine on primary home Built it myself so the loan is only 150K 15 yr mortgagee @4.5. Only have 5 yrs left on mortgage

Second home not so well. Doesn't mean a thing if I don't sell and just wait it out.

The second part of this deal is people maxing out HELOC's and now the house is way under that added value. Banks start calling those loans due it will be a poostorm extraordinaire!

IDK I see wireless makers having a good future towers will be gone in 5-10 years once Satellite phones become cheaper.

Towers was what I meant. Towers are good for now, but I think at some point 5-10 years in the future, either there will be so many of them that new ones are no longer needed, or something else like satellites will be used instead.

Go to www.zillow.com for a quick and pretty accurate home value estimate.

Nah - they've got mine priced at 50k less than an identical house across the street. Difference is that I'm the original homeowner and that house has changed hands 4 times. They have increased my value over the years, but they've done it based on original sales price and I was the first house built in a brand new subdivision and can guarantee that no one got a better deal than I did (I know because I saw every contract that was written for the first year - yeah I insisted and the sales agent liked me).

I am still in the black. But, I was able to put a significant down payment on my current home...made a nice profit on the previous one.

In the black....just not as much as a few years ago.

If you have the cash to buy, the past 6-9 months was a windfall for some people.

Have a co-worker that moved down last summer. He picked up a 6,300 sf house in Providence Downs South (swimming pool, outdoor fireplace, media room...place is gorgeous) for $680,000. It was a foreclosure that had been bought 3 years ago for $1.5 million. He got a steal.

Archived