• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you under water?

Zod

We're looking now, and where we are looking, the prices are about the same as sultan's.

ya...mine was a foreclosed home..built in 2003...they had its value at 340000 at the time. Fannie mae owned it and sold it to us with closing costs included...lol we had it appraised at the time for 300k due to all the foreclosed homes in the area. Now those homes have been moved back into and Im hoping I can re apraise it at a better value.

If people learned to only spend what they had or had the ability to repay, this country would have never been in such hard times...

Sure, corporations and such have a hand in it, but if we stop buying things, they'll have to cater to us too...

Not entirely true. When I bought my place it was 25% of my income. Lost my job and with my total bills I cant afford my mortgage. In another month my place will be foreclosed. Sucks but life goes on and I will survive. Could short sell but I live in a condo and there is about 10 open units for sale right now.

In 2004 paid 560k for my house, 20% down after selling the condo we owned for 15 years for big profits. Looks like now it's worth about 425k, while at one point it peaked about 650k.

Doesn't matter to me, prices will come back around and the value of tax advantages and what it would cost to rent a house like mine make me happy to be on the ownership side. It's easy to feel sorry for yourself and bail like so many have but I love the neighborhood and have no interest in going elsewhere.

By the way, this is SoCal hence the ridiculous prices.

Not entirely true. When I bought my place it was 25% of my income. Lost my job and with my total bills I cant afford my mortgage. In another month my place will be foreclosed. Sucks but life goes on and I will survive. Could short sell but I live in a condo and there is about 10 open units for sale right now.

My bad... I don't consider unexpected medical bills or loss of solid employment as living outside one's means... I was speaking of the majority of the country who run up credit card debts and live outside the means they can afford given their average monthly budget...

now is also a good time to get more involved with your neighborhood. If the hood looks good or is of good quality, value goes up and chances to sell increase.

Got a neighbor right now im going to go cut some fallen limbs for her and get her yard looking better.

Those are performance art pieces!!

In NODA you are correct. Those limbs communicate the plight of early man and his dependance on Mother Earth and over time he expanded and thought he was bigger then his roots, only to fall..fall....fall back to Mother Earth.

underwater....nope. I spent many years though in a rough spot on my vehicles...I spent many many $$$ buying new cars and trucks and keeping them for only a year or two before buying another...I was upside down like crazy! I've been very fortunate in the housing market

Archived