• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you under water?

Zod

We've contemplated selling this house in a few years and buying a townhouse.

I don't know about you guys but having a husband, kid, house to keep clean, yard to keep landscaped, a pool to keep up with and 2 cars to keep maintained wears me out and oh yeah work, its just too much responsibility. I'm tired.

We've contemplated selling this house in a few years and buying a townhouse.

I don't know about you guys but having a husband, kid, house to keep clean, yard to keep landscaped, a pool to keep up with and 2 cars to keep maintained wears me out and oh yeah work, its just too much responsibility. I'm tired.

I think I would go crazy if I didn't have all that stuff to do. I love washing cars, landscaping, cutting grass, etc. Everyone is different though and townhomes work for some for the exact reasons you mentioned.

people are dumb. and banks took advantage of that. shocking how much money banks are willing to lend.

Of course, the assholes who got in these no down payment loans, and eventually stopped paying on their houses really didnt lose a fuging thing.

Takes two to tango. People are dumb and banks took advantage of them in some cases, and in others banks were dumb and people took advantage of them by loaning money to people who knew that if the slightest bad thing happened, they could stop paying the loan and the bank would be stuck with it.

i agree....bought mine in June (or July) of 2008 and I think home values were at there peak around then weren't they?

Ya especially in Wilmington.

Lesson learned tho, I didn't take time to educate myself on the market and how such things must change.

I put a good bit of coin down on it, I couldn't get all of my downpayment back, but if I had to sell it I could pay off the note with what it is worth now.

Not underwater. Got my house in 99 and it has blown up. I have tapped the equity a few times for home improvements and to consolidate debt.

Equity is proly down again but that's cool.

Still have a few things to update on the casa. Our rate is 4% but I want to be out in no less than two years and find the next up and coming hood to move to. We need more room. 1600 sq ft with a wife and two girls and I barely have a sliver of testosterone to myself.

They say 1 in 4 Americans are underwater on their home mortgages. I'm not, and I don't know of any that are.

This is a rather sensitive subject, quite frankly, and I'm surprised this is common conversation material with your peeps... "So, neighbor Bill, how are you doing with your finances? Do you owe more than your home is worth? Have you seen a grown man naked?"

Archived