• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you under water?

Zod

Go to www.zillow.com for a quick and pretty accurate home value estimate.

For comparison's sake, my home is valued at $177,000 on that site... for just over 1,700 sq ft...

That said, when we bought the house, we paid around $185,000, but we also had them finish two "bonus rooms" upstairs (the only two rooms upstairs).

The total square footage with those two rooms is just over 2,400, so by my own estimates, we're still valued at or even above what we paid for it... If we were to sell it, we'd start out asking at least $220,000, and I think we could get no less than $210,000...

If people learned to only spend what they had or had the ability to repay, this country would have never been in such hard times...

Sure, corporations and such have a hand in it, but if we stop buying things, they'll have to cater to us too...

people are dumb. and banks took advantage of that. shocking how much money banks are willing to lend.

Of course, the assholes who got in these no down payment loans, and eventually stopped paying on their houses really didnt lose a fuging thing.

Meh....in most cases it is usually off by + or - 8% or so. I think they have mine about $10K higher than what it really is,

That's huge. so per that site my house could be worth 21k more or 21k less. I'll just go by our appraisal. It was appraised right at a year ago, can't imagine its gone down too much since than. It appraised 35k higher than zillow is saying it's worth.

That's huge. so per that site my house could be worth 21k more or 21k less. I'll just go by our appraisal. It was appraised right at a year ago, can't imagine its gone down too much since than. It appraised 35k higher than zillow is saying it's worth.

Yes, your appraisal is what maters and is much more accurate. Zillow is just an estimate on what your house should appraise for.

Glad I didn't buy but when I do I'll be putting at least 30% down....and going with a 15 year fixed.

That's the way to do it for sure....not me.....I didn't have that luxury.....wife and kids drain me of every dime I have along with my inner soul itself. Had very little to put down an had to finance the whole price over a 30 year fixed. Stupid wife and kids ruin everything!!!!!!!!! :)

I do have a good rate of around 4% for the whole time and am on track to pay it off in 21 years instead of 30. Doesn't matter, wife and kids will have me in an early grave before then anyway......stupid wife and kids!!!!

Archived