• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49er fans calling for wilks head!!

Sean Payton's Vicodin

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Not that much though.  Many also wanted to hire him over Rivera during that coaching cycle.  The "what if" scenario there would be interesting if we hired McD instead of Rivera with McD brought in.  He may have been too young at the time but his future as a HC was kind of how Evero is for us coming in.  Makes you wonder.  

Nah, that cycle featured...

DC Ron Rivera having the #1 ranked D unit in the NFL

DC McDermott was just fired by Philly (and basically the scapegoat for the disappointing post Jim Johnson era D).  McD's stock was down.    

That what if scenario largely started IMO to emerge once they had both been in Carolina for a couple seasons. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He is about the same. Wilks deserves respect but he isn't any better of a HC. Both are living in the past and neither was a good option.

Fanboy as hard as you want for Wilks, he is 100% a known quantity in the NFL. If Wilks was here he wouldn't be doing much more than Riech. It may not be fair Wilks is taking heat over Shanny but his D is worth the critisim it's getting.

Bring back Fox or Rivera is the same as bring bacl Wilks too me. Leave it all in the past where it belongs.

Im done responding.

You currently trying to have a serious debate about a HC who hasn't won a game since we hired him. You could tell in the preseason this was going to be a bad hire. Frank is just flat out awful. I could take you more seriously if Frank could actually win a game. He's 0-9. No need to continue this conversation. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man he is not in control of the schedule. Just stop making excuses. We played much better football under Wilks. I had stopped watching games under Rhule it was that bad. Wilks gave this entire team hope.

Now we are stuck with a HC who might be worst than Rhule. This franchise is a joke and it all starts with Tepper the man who makes these decisions. 

I'm making up excuses??? Dude, your arguments for keeping Wilks are as follows:

" He rallied players behind him" 

And "He went 6-6 with Rhule players" 

Spare me your "your making up excuses" talk when you have a legit argument for keeping Wilks.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im done responding.

You currently trying to have a serious debate about a HC who hasn't won a game since we hired him. You could tell in the preseason this was going to be a bad hire. Frank is just flat out awful. I could take your more seriously if Frank could actually win a game. He's 0-9. No need to continue this conversation. Enjoy the rest of your day.

I was being serious. Your blind love for Wilks completely misses his time in Arizona or his negatives last year. It's not my fault you can't handle what people seriously think about him as a coach. 

I like the guy enough to hope he takes the App job. It's the perfect spot for him, his coaching style will go far in that setting and the kids would be lucky to get a coach of his quality there. 

4 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I'm making up excuses??? Dude, your arguments for keeping Wilks are as follows:

" He rallied players behind him" 

And "He went 6-6 with Rhule players" 

Spare me your "your making up excuses" talk when you have a legit argument for keeping Wilks.

Wait you have 2 accounts?

I was responding to @Waldo

Just now, Waldo said:

I was being serious. Your blind love for Wilks completely misses his time in Arizona or his negatives last year. It's not my fault you can't handle what people seriously think about him as a coach. 

I like the guy enough to hope he takes the App job. It's the perfect spot for him, his coaching style will go far in that setting and the kids would be lucky to get a coach of his quality there. 

LMAO

I feel a meltdown coming.

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

Nah, that cycle featured...

DC Ron Rivera having the #1 ranked D unit in the NFL

DC McDermott was just fired by Philly (and basically the scapegoat for the disappointing post Jim Johnson era D).  McD's stock was down.    

That what if scenario largely started IMO to emerge once they had both been in Carolina for a couple seasons. 

I'm fairly certain we interviewed McD and was reported he was one of the finalists back then.  Point taken on the perception -- but do remember him being largely the scapegoat and people still thought very highly of him.

At least Wilks knew to play to his players strengths.  Power running OL trying to play some complicated zone isn't working.  Wait until you have the roster closer to complete before you try to fully implement your offense.  Wilks did a great job at getting our running game going and making Sam look serviceable most games.  Keep in mind Wilks was working with the remains of Rhule's staff and roster during the middle of a season.  

• Flames 1

At this point Wilks has reached mythical levels for some. I don't get it but to each his own. He's a good man. Decent coach. But the legend and attachment that has been created from our underwhelming finish last season to the point people are going on the attack is not healthy for anyone.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is a sad and pathetic thread and proves some people just hated Wilks.

Before this game people were talking about the 49ers like they were the best team in football. Now that they lose without 2 of their top 5 players Trent/Deebo you chose to make a topic about Steve Wilks.

OP couldn't wait to make this topic. He been waiting for Wilks to lose a few games.lmao

Meanwhile we are the worst team in football and Frank hasn't won a game since we hired him over wilks. You guys should think before you make these dumb topics.

I don’t usually agree with you but on this one, that’s what it looks like. Also, the less I hear about SF the better.

• Beer 1