• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need an identity NOW

Ricky Prickles

16 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I'm starting to think that Reich is just to controlled/controlling a personality, much like Rhule was.

They both have the result of keeping everything under control and end up suppressing personality.

Rhule was by design. Reich is by nature.

I like Reich, but he's holding the team back. And having so many old school characters around us having that effect.

Reich needs to go.

Caldwell needs to go.

Capers needs to go.

And that other dinosaur that we aren't supposed to know about who is back wandering around the halls and advising the FO needs to go as well.

Just like with DC, it's time for the old guys to move on and the young blood take over.

Tepper is basically playing Madden franchise mode. Slap a bunch of random parts together with no concept of actually having to build a functioning organization and finding pieces that actually fit together to make systems work.

• Beer 1

We were spoiled in the past with Hurney draft picks and trades. Now we have Fitt's players and they're not Panthers ring of honor type guys. It's hard to go from Cam, CMC, Olsen, TD, Luke, further back Smitty, to watching a collection of JAGs. It's boring for the most part, and we don't have any kind of identity. We're not ground and pound, we're not a high powered air assault type team, we don't have a dominant defense, don't have anything. We have a "point guard" QB distributing short passes to guys who don't worry any defense. We score a low number of points until garbage time, then our guys pad their stats, and we think of what to say about what went wrong. Add rinse repeat, get the paycheck, and move on to next week. Who cares? Just a game. Oh well. 

How did this happen? A series of bad decisions were made since Tepper took over the team. The mistakes just piled up one after another, and now here we are bored with the whole situation. We're not even 2 seasons away from being good, it's much worse than that unfortunately. What is the blueprint for building this team. What was the plan 5 years ago, or 4, or 3? See how we're not making any progress toward a specific type of team? We're nothing. The team is non-de-script. What is this? I don't know. We're fussing over keeping a OLB when we have no team. This isn't a team. We have no leaders and no vision for where to go or how to get there. We're in purgatory, or limbo, or some football way station where teams go to be forgotten about and swept aside. Pointless. I'll still watch the games, but I don't see this team winning more than maybe 3 games tops.   

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

We just dont have a Peppers ,Jake , Steve Smith or Olsen or Luke or CMC or Thomas Davis or Kevin Greene or any real dominant face of the franchise we get behind and all agree we love. I miss those days of having personalities that dominate on the field and off and are good leaders too. Im not emotionally tied to anyone on this team. Our biggest personality Brian Burns cant hold a candle to the guys of the past and just doe snot have the dominance of his predecessors. This has been a damn hard year for me as a fan. One of teh saddest seasons I have ever seen and we arent even half way through.

Our identity went with DJ Moore to Chicago. Our identity on offense anyways, obvious he held up the whole offense second half of last season.

4 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Our identity is being the kid in high school that never takes a chance and prays that good things come to him instead of going out and making things happen. We are afraid to fail. And as a result we are watching the entire league pass us by 

Sounds like App State football this year.  Used to be the bully…now just getting our head swirled in the toilet 

• Pie 1