• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Scenario

charlotte49er

You meet someone, maybe out with friends, or on the internet where ever.

They are nice looking, and you seem to get along.

You are college educated and have a white collar job. Teacher, engineer, etc. They, never went to college, don't really want to, and work in a blue collar job, Bartender, cashier, waitress.

(I am asking a question here, not judging anyone who has or doesn't have a college education. So don't write me and accuse me of being some kind of snob (or worse) etc.)

Are they long term relationship material?

Really, not a serious question.....their job should have no relevance. If they're a good person then they're a good person no matter what they do for a living and I have a Master's degree.

Your degree or high level or high paying job doesn't make you a better person nor does it make you more pleasant or a more compatible mate. If you make more money you're still just as capable of being an asshole or person of poor ethics as somebody without the degree.

Not as simple as it seems.

It isn't so much about formal education as it is about intellectual curiousity.

Is she/he a knucklehead?

You prefer deep discussions about politics, science, the arts and he/she prefers tractor pulls.....

You get the point.

Again, the formal education part is NOT the issue, the question is, does the career path reflect an overall theme, and if so, does that theme make this a dealbreaker for a LTR?

Not an issue for a hit it and quit it thing, but if it is serious, it can have significance.

Not as simple as it seems.

It isn't so much about formal education as it is about intellectual curiousity.

Is she/he a knucklehead?

You prefer deep discussions about politics, science, the arts and he/she prefers tractor pulls.....

You get the point.

Again, the formal education part is NOT the issue, the question is, does the career path reflect an overall theme, and if so, does that theme make this a dealbreaker for a LTR?

Not an issue for a hit it and quit it thing, but if it is serious, it can have significance.

good point.

And you will have to take the time to find that out. Don't just assume that because someone has a degree they are smart and like deep conversations and if they don't have a degree than they only like to talk about pro wrestling.

good point.

And you will have to take the time to find that out. Don't just assume that because someone has a degree they are smart and like deep conversations and if they don't have a degree than they only like to talk about pro wrestling.

hey!!! I resent that!

Archived