• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tim Tebow Superbowl Commercial getting some bad press

STIFFPAWED

Here's the deal: usually doctors tend to know what they are talking about. What about all the potential women who see this commercial, follow her advice, and die during childbirth or deliver a baby who will not live, be a vegetable until they die, etc?

It's selling sunshine when it's far more likely that it's gonna be rain.

Here's the deal: usually doctors tend to know what they are talking about. What about all the potential women who see this commercial, follow her advice, and die during childbirth or deliver a baby who will not live, be a vegetable until they die, etc?

It's selling sunshine when it's far more likely that it's gonna be rain.

So you think they won't be listening when the doctor keeps telling them, "you could very well die"? That this commercial will be what completely blocks the wisdom of their doctors out of their heads?

Women do have brains of their own, you know?

Add misogyny to the list. Keep digging :cool:

Character issues matter. Political beliefs don't. I'm not going to pick what team I cheer for based on who has the most conservatives. Nor do I think any other fan - conservative or liberal - would choose on such criteria.

If that's true, and that the political and football universes can coexist, then try to explain the backlash when Rush put in a bid to buy the Rams, and players like Kiwanuka saying they would avoid St. Louis if he owned the team.

I totally hate this move. And it's not because it's not my belief. I'd be pissed off if it was a Pro-choice ad, too.

Politics does nothing but divide; sorry, but it's true. And while I don't have a problem with divisions and argumentation (that's the foundation of our Republic), Super Sunday is not the right venue. The Super Bowl is one of our great national unifiers. You have a political agenda? Run an ad during Obama's state of the union tonight. You got religious rhetoric to pander? Run it during the 700 club. Keep your politics away from my football, regardless of your party.

There's a reason we have a Tinderbox outside of our NFL chat, and the nation should follow our shining example. Keep those world separate. That or have the church return the favor and have bikini-clad cheerleaders behind the pulpit to bring some football to a Catholic mass.

I can see that -

Hey, everyone, I didn't listen to my dumb old doctor and see how great everything turned out!

It's like how doctors generally make terrible pilots, thinking that they somehow possess the ability to make better go/no decisions on flying based on some kind of intellectual gift that they have, and that they can get away with ignoring the experts.

We all know that sometimes people get lucky - the doctors are usually not going to tell you flat out that you WILL die, or the baby WILL be messed up - just that the odds are not in your favor.

In essence, The Golden Calf of Bristol and his mom will be like a guy who wins the lottery trying to tell everyone that the odds of winning are great, just look at what happened to me!

I can see that -

Hey, everyone, I didn't listen to my dumb old doctor and see how great everything turned out!

It's like how doctors generally make terrible pilots, thinking that they somehow possess the ability to make better go/no decisions on flying based on some kind of intellectual gift that they have, and that they can get away with ignoring the experts.

We all know that sometimes people get lucky - the doctors are usually not going to tell you flat out that you WILL die, or the baby WILL be messed up - just that the odds are not in your favor.

In essence, The Golden Calf of Bristol and his mom will be like a guy who wins the lottery trying to tell everyone that the odds of winning are great, just look at what happened to me!

great, so finally we can agree to get rid of the NC lottery and its awful commercials.

Maybe I am just too ignorant to see the affect The Golden Calf of Bristol has on people but...

IT'S JUST A COMMERCIAL !!!!

Do what you want to your own bodies, pray to whatever God you want to, speak your mind by any means available to you and have your opinon on whatever you like. I really don't care and it will never ever affect me or my family.

I honestly can't stand how p*ssified society has become that we are so worried about what other people do, say, and think. Everyone is offended by everything.

If it makes you happy, and it don't affect me or my family in any direct form.....then knock yourself out.....I'll be doing naked cartwheels in celebration for you in the privacy of my own home.

Maybe I am just too ignorant to see the affect The Golden Calf of Bristol has on people but...

Do what you want to your own bodies, pray to whatever God you want to, speak your mind by any means available to you and have your opinon on whatever you like. I really don't care and it will never ever affect me or my family.

I honestly can't stand how p*ssified society has become that we are so worried about what other people do, say, and think. Everyone is offended by everything.

If it makes you happy, and it don't affect me or my family in any direct form.....then knock yourself out.....I'll be doing naked cartwheels in celebration for you in the privacy of my own home.

fiz?

Just dont get caught making coffee

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/101909_man_caught_making_coffee_naked_faces_charges

Archived