• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wanted some outside opinions (music related)

lightsout

I know these are the Carolinas, but I also know that rap is pretty popular and reaches many different types of people. If you don't have an actual opinion on this matter, save the arguing, name calling, etc. for a different thread. Just want some straight up opinions.

A friend of mine has been trying to convince me for months that in rap today, as far as known rappers are concerned (not underground), Lil Wayne is THE best rapper in the world. My argument is that a man made a comeback last year who has been around practically the same amount of time and sold, IDK...20 million more albums or so. His name is Eminem.

So, who is better? Based on creativity, originality, and pure talent?

And for fun, who would win a rap battle?

The way I understand the rap-mosphere, the list would probaly look something like this.

1. Jay Z

2. Lil Wayne

3. Eminem

4. Kanye

Personally, my favorite is Kanye. I think Eminem is the best rapper alive, but I have to be in a certain mood to listen to him because his stuff can get heavy. Kanye I can listen to any time. Jay-Z gets the nod because he has been consistently good for 11 albums, two decades. That's amazing for a hip hop artist. Lil Wayne is the best lyricist in the rap world. His lyrics are incredible, but the music can be hit or miss.

Until they beat Mother Goose. I gotta say MG is the best.

Personally, spending time writing, getting the timing down and rehearshing etc is one thing.

But off the cuff, improv rap, to me, is a much better skill.

And sorry kids, todays music is NOT hip hop but hip POP.

The way I understand the rap-mosphere, the list would probaly look something like this.

1. Jay Z

2. Lil Wayne

3. Eminem

4. Kanye

Personally, my favorite is Kanye. I think Eminem is the best rapper alive, but I have to be in a certain mood to listen to him because his stuff can get heavy. Kanye I can listen to any time. Jay-Z gets the nod because he has been consistently good for 11 albums, two decades. That's amazing for a hip hop artist. Lil Wayne is the best lyricist in the rap world. His lyrics are incredible, but the music can be hit or miss.

Kanye just pisses me off. I want to dislike him but can't. It would be easier if his music wasn't so damn good.

I love lil wayne. but I have no clue who is best. I rarely even know who I'm listening to when I listen to hip hop/rap. But I pretty much like it all. I'm not so picky about music now days. I just find that type of music fun to listen to and light hearted.

I have been told the Lil Wayne's raps are all freestyle. If this is true, then he has skills. jay-Z deserves credit for his longevity, and he has some wicked flows. Dont know about Kanye, dont want to know..But Marshall is badass, his skills only improved as his career went on. Thats who gets my vote, Eminem...

I know these are the Carolinas, but I also know that rap is pretty popular and reaches many different types of people. If you don't have an actual opinion on this matter, save the arguing, name calling, etc. for a different thread. Just want some straight up opinions.

A friend of mine has been trying to convince me for months that in rap today, as far as known rappers are concerned (not underground), Lil Wayne is THE best rapper in the world. My argument is that a man made a comeback last year who has been around practically the same amount of time and sold, IDK...20 million more albums or so. His name is Eminem.

So, who is better? Based on creativity, originality, and pure talent?

And for fun, who would win a rap battle?

Ask him this? has Lil Wayne ever had a song that a parady was made of it? You know you have arrived when Weird Al does a parady of your song. (I'm not saying that Weird Al did "I'm Greg Brady!" to M&M's Slim Shady)

Archived