• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ear infections

scpanther22

I hadn't had an ear infection since 1989 with me on the swimming and diving team in high school, too. I've always been a pool rat. I got an ear infection this past summer that I didn't get rid of for 2 weeks. I went to the minute clinic, my primary care physician and an urgent care in total throughout that 2 weeks of hell. It was truly horrible, so I feel your pain. I wish you a speedy recovery and relief.

The article is about children and chiropractic care, but it goes for adults as well.

Before yet another round of "maybe-they'll-work-and-maybe-they-won't" antibiotics or the drastic step of surgery, more parents are considering chiropractic to help children with chronic ear infections. Dr. Joan Fallon, a chiropractor who practices in Yonkers, New York, has published research showing that, after receiving a series of chiropractic adjustments, nearly 80 percent of the children treated were free of ear infections for at least the six-month period following their initial visits (a period that also included maintenance treatments every four to six weeks).

"Chiropractic mobilizes drainage of the ear in children, and if they can continue to drain without a buildup of fluid and subsequent infection, they build up their own antibodies and recover more quickly," explains Dr. Fallon. She'd like to see her pilot study used as a basis for larger-scale trials of chiropractic as a therapeutic modality for otitis media.

http://www.acatoday.org/content_css.cfm?CID=69

The article is about children and chiropractic care, but it goes for adults as well.

Before yet another round of "maybe-they'll-work-and-maybe-they-won't" antibiotics or the drastic step of surgery, more parents are considering chiropractic to help children with chronic ear infections. Dr. Joan Fallon, a chiropractor who practices in Yonkers, New York, has published research showing that, after receiving a series of chiropractic adjustments, nearly 80 percent of the children treated were free of ear infections for at least the six-month period following their initial visits (a period that also included maintenance treatments every four to six weeks).

"Chiropractic mobilizes drainage of the ear in children, and if they can continue to drain without a buildup of fluid and subsequent infection, they build up their own antibodies and recover more quickly," explains Dr. Fallon. She'd like to see her pilot study used as a basis for larger-scale trials of chiropractic as a therapeutic modality for otitis media.

http://www.acatoday.org/content_css.cfm?CID=69

The published research is a joke.... Unless the chiroquacker can manipulate the Eustachian tube I highly doubt there is much they can offer for an ear infection. An example today I saw at my clinic office was a gentleman who had his achilles tendon rupture after a podiatrist injected a steroid in that region, that earned him a reconstruction of his achilles and 12 months of rehab.

The published research is a joke.... Unless the chiroquacker can manipulate the Eustachian tube I highly doubt there is much they can offer for an ear infection. An example today I saw at my clinic office was a gentleman who had his achilles tendon rupture after a podiatrist injected a steroid in that region, that earned him a reconstruction of his achilles and 12 months of rehab.

HAHA, you're so silly. Everyone with half a brain knows you cant manipulate the Eustachian tube unless you break the Tympanic membrane. However, you can adjust atlas and if you know anatomy you know it lies around the level of the Eustachian tube in the Nasopharynyx.

If atlas or axis shifts even slightly that may place pressure onto the tissue around the opening of the Eustachian tube. The result way be an ear infection.

And if you are going to try to insult me at least get the name correct. Its Quacker-Practor.

Might be the dummy out of line here...but when is the last time you had any plain ole simple test done to your body?

Blood pressure....etc......that is a telling sign and all.

Get some simple, easy test, and go from there instead of fricking da fvck out.

Had a failed root canal misdiagnosed as an ear infection by a US Navy Hospital Corpsman a few years back (quasi-nurse, kind of). Eardrum was red and painful, no tooth pain (no nerve left). Took some time to get that one sorted out. I would recommend seeing one of them thar official "Ducktors", getting an qualified professional diagnosis, and then exploring your treatment optoins. But hey, that's just me.

Archived