• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Grant TMJ Permission to Seek Trade

ncfan

12 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

TMJ for Jeudy

Sweet baby jesus, when will people stop talking about Jeudy

He's a replacement level player with a $13 million contract next season and is one of the bigger WR divas in the league right now.

Nothing about him is attractive for the Panthers

• Pie 3

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm proud of you.

For what?  For putting the same hypothetical trade out there that I've been yelling about for a few weeks now?

That trade with the Bengals and a similar one with the Lions, Burns + Chark for Jameson Williams + 1st + 2nd or 3rd both make a ton of sense for us to make and are pretty fair trades.

The problem with both is that I don't see the other side wanting to do those trades for two different reasons.

The Lions will need to give Hutchinson an extension after next year, not sure they will want to pay both Burns and Hutch big money while trading away Jameson and a First, even if it would give them a better shot at making a run this year.

The Bengals I think would have less of an issue paying Burns, but I don't think they want to get rid of Higgins during the season when he would be key to their SB chances and then can tag and trade him in the offseason.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

For what?  For putting the same hypothetical trade out there that I've been yelling about for a few weeks now?

That trade with the Bengals and a similar one with the Lions, Burns + Chark for Jameson Williams + 1st + 2nd or 3rd both make a ton of sense for us to make and are pretty fair trades.

The problem with both is that I don't see the other side wanting to do those trades for two different reasons.

The Lions will need to give Hutchinson an extension after next year, not sure they will want to pay both Burns and Hutch big money while trading away Jameson and a First, even if it would give them a better shot at making a run this year.

The Bengals I think would have less of an issue paying Burns, but I don't think they want to get rid of Higgins during the season when he would be key to their SB chances and then can tag and trade him in the offseason.

You can't take a compliment?

We finally agree on something.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, Ornias said:

Agreed. They will take a 7th at this point for him. 

This is Fitterer’s last desperate attempt to get something anything in return and it’s not going to work.

The good teams know Terrace is a project at best and won’t immediately help them

The bad teams that might take a shot at him will prob just wait until he gets cut and pick him up on waivers 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The Bengals are not parting ways with Higgins lol.

I don't think they trade him either. If Burrow's calf looked like it was going to derail their season, sure. Trade him for top market value. But with Burrow's calf improving I think they'll hang onto Higgins and put their best roster on the field to try to compete for a SB and take the 3rd round comp pick when he walks in FA. 

• Beer 1