• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports suggest Panthers trade Burns to the Ravens for a first and third.

Varking

4 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Huh? The rams didn’t have a 2023 first round pick and we still have our 2025 1st round pick. I take it you mean 2024 but we also have our 2024 2nd.

The Rams firsts offered were for 24 and 25.

Never said Rams 2023 1st. I think you misread something.

I mentioned that we should have traded Moore to GB for 2023 pick 15 last year instead of including him for Young. I believe it was mentioned early in the Young trade that we got to keep our 2025 1st (just send 2025 2nd) by including Moore. We got way less value for Moore than we would have gotten last year. Seems to track with likely getting less value for Burns this year as well.

I said that we would have had 2023 pick 36 as part of the Burns deal along with the Rams’ next two 1sts. Next two drafts being 2024 and 2025. 

19 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

We need leaky faucet and the other insiders here now, I wonder what they are hearing in terms of trades now? 

It’s going to piss us off if a trade like this happens.

2022 trades we turned down:

Moore for pick 15 in 2023

Burns for pick 36 in 2023, 2024 1st and 2025 1st

2023 trades we made:

Moore for a 2nd or 3rd round value based on Rams trade up for Goff, even though they started at pick 15 not pick 9 (hint we basically threw in Moore)

Burns we don’t know yet

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, Varking said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-trade-deadline-proposed-deals-marquise-brown-to-chiefs-brian-burns-to-ravens-and-13-other-moves/

Ravens acquire OLB Brian Burns

• Ravens get: OLB Brian Burns
  • Panthers get: 2024 first-round pick, 2024 third-round pick

Baltimore's homegrown pass rushers have struggled to stay healthy, and the Ravens could use a jolt as they try to keep hold of the tight AFC North. They're also unafraid to make an in-season splash (see: Roquan Smith). Burns is valued in Carolina, but without a long-term deal, his ability to net premium picks could be vital; the Panthers don't currently own a 2024 first-rounder. This deal would have course be dependent on Baltimore immediately inking Burns to a new contract.

they also suggest we trade for Jeudy for a third and fifth:

Panthers acquire WR Jerry Jeudy

• Panthers get: WR Jerry Jeudy
  • Broncos get: 2024 third-round pick, 2024 fifth-round pick

A year after Kadarius Toney was dealt for a three and a six, Jeudy could be the next mercurial first-rounder to relocate. While he represents Denver's only legit long-term WR prospect at 24, he's failed to hit his stride through three-and-a-half seasons. The Panthers desperately need younger help around QB Bryce Young. Imagine the irony if Jeudy joins Steve Smith's old squad.

If Fitts is out after this year. Do it. 

I prefer a WR but I see Jacksonville being mentioned in a lot of pass rusher trade scenarios so

Travon Walker plus a 1st

for

Burns

Obviously they messed up taking Walker over Hutchinson. We bank on Walker developing while having him on a cheap deal the next 3 years. Jacksonville goes into win now mode while Lawrence is on a rookie deal still  

6 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

No, it’s how the franchise tag works.

I said it in another thread just yesterday, I don’t think a team will give up two firsts mid season for him, but someone 100% will try to sign him in the offseason if tagged, the cost of doing that is 2 firsts.

It’s just the rules, not homer talk

I understand that you can put the 2 firsts franchise tag on him.  I just disagree that a team would offer it to sign him.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I understand that you can put the 2 firsts franchise tag on him.  I just disagree that a team would offer it to sign him.

Agreed. Plus any team that would sign him with the tag would know that if they really want him they should secure him now rather than risk free agency. If they're willing to risk 2 1sts then they can spend 2 1sts now. The GMs will know the Rams deal, and will know that Fitt declined.

I think he still commands at least a 1st + WR, and there will be another team that ups the ante once that offer leaked. I could see NE, CIN, DET, IND or maybe even HOU making strong offers.

5 hours ago, Dunn said:

Still holding out hope that the Bears bump their head, use one of their 2 firsts (ya know, the one we gave them 😞 ) to acquire Burns and give us a top 5 pick again.  

The trade for Bryce then would be 2023 #9, #61, 2nd round pick 2025, DJ, Burns. 

Giving away 1st overall would look bad (still doubt our pick winds up 1st overall, we have an easy schedule going forward and Reich has had plenty of slow starts where he starts to pull things together) but man that return with Burns instead would just absurd. #9 and Burns alone would be fair, let alone adding DJ and 2 other 2nd rounders...

10 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Never said Rams 2023 1st. I think you misread something.

I mentioned that we should have traded Moore to GB for 2023 pick 15 last year instead of including him for Young. I believe it was mentioned early in the Young trade that we got to keep our 2025 1st (just send 2025 2nd) by including Moore. We got way less value for Moore than we would have gotten last year. Seems to track with likely getting less value for Burns this year as well.

I said that we would have had 2023 pick 36 as part of the Burns deal along with the Rams’ next two 1sts. Next two drafts being 2024 and 2025. 

Scott Fitterer told us they are building things the right way 

On 10/17/2023 at 10:32 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

That would be a foolish trade. Simply hang on him and either tag him in the offseason or trade him in the offseason where his trade value will be higher that in-season

I am skeptical his value would be as high as that at this point. We aren't the only people that know he wants out.

8 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

Scott Fitterer told us they are building things the right way 

Lol. It sucks that it feels like we will be doing panic rebuilding now that we didn’t do it when we should have. After firing Rhule was the perfect time (notwithstanding 2020). Trade CMC and then we stopped. Fitt reminds me of Hurney 2.0. Panic trade ups to get guys who would have dropped or just bad players. Not drafting strengths of the draft like La Porta, Mayer and Musgrave instead of Mingo. I’d bet the deep TE class has more 2nd/3rd success than Mingo. Trading marquee future picks draining the overall team talent.

Around the nfl just tweeted that the panthers should put Luvu on the block. I hope this is just them talking out of their arse and not them hinting at they know something. Luvu and brown are pretty much all we have. 

Side note, why have the last two years been nothing but websites saying panthers should trade everyone? Do other teams get this much trade speculation?