• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Carolina Win Out?

chknwing

We're probably 100x more likely to lose out than to win out. We are the worst team in the NFL by a mile. Every team that you listed views us a glorified bye week. Yeah, odds say we'll win 1 or 2 just out of sheer luck. But we're not even close to the level of any of the teams you listed and would be lucky just to stay close in the second half of most of them.

2 hours ago, Fright said:

IFFFFF Horn comes back and can stay healthy, that drastically improves our D. If Young can keep getting better each game as he has, it's very possible we can win out. Do I think we do? No, but it's possible.

heck, we should trade Horn.  We can't pay him.  We aren't on schedule to do anything that matters next year either.  

On 10/18/2023 at 2:56 AM, TarHeel69 said:

No.  This team does not have enough top tier talent, on either side of the ball, to win out.

Players like TMJ, Mingo and Chark would have to start playing like we expected them.  Chark can't catch a cold, TMJ can't win a contested throw and Mingo is still trying to figure out how to play in the NFL.  Theilan is the only bright spot on our receiving Corps.  Sanders is a bust at running back mostly because he pitter patters to the line.  Hubbard at least runs like he has a purpose and really is our only decent RB, however when Sanders is healthy he gets the bulk of the carries.   

Defensively, I think we just don't have the players for the scheme we are running.  We are getting gashed on just about every running play.  Our best DBs have more splinters from the bench than they have playing time.  

To win out we HAVE TO get Young some help.  Our defense has to improve A LOT.

I have always been optimistic but this season it just seems too much for us.   Sadly, Chicago is going to have a top 5 pick, plus their own top 5 pick in 2024 draft.  Our only bright spot barring a trade of Burns is a top pick in round two. 

• Beer 1