• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich handing over playcalling to Brown

UNCrules2187

5 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Finally some logic on the Huddle. The idea that a 1st time offensive coordinator who's never called plays before might get a few weeks to acclimate to the job before being thrust into play calling duties seems pretty logical. And that the bye week, where he'll have 2 weeks to prepare and install his scheme would be the obvious time.

I realize the offense couldn't be much worse so far, but last time we took for granted our wunderkind new OC would be immediately ready to transform our offense from jump street, we got Joe Brady. 

I'm excited to see what Brown will do and it can't be much worse. But he's still working with the same raggedy Oline, meager receiving corp and rookie qb taking more than his fair share of lumps.

Frank or Brown calling plays it doesn't matter as beat up as we are and talent depleted.  We've got at most 3 wins in this group.  Brown should be thankful he gets the reigns in the most winnable stretch of the season though.  If we don't notch a win or two out of the next three games, then 0-17 is a real possibility.  The Vikings was our best shot for a win up until now and that obviously didn't happen.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Frank or Brown calling plays it doesn't matter as beat up as we are and talent depleted.  We've got at most 3 wins in this group.  Brown should be thankful he gets the reigns in the most winnable stretch of the season though.  If we don't notch a win or two out of the next three games, then 0-17 is a real possibility.  The Vikings was our best shot for a win up until now and that obviously didn't happen.

less predictable playcalling certainly helps though.  We aren't going to suddenly be good.  But there could be improvement. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Brown only has to look at the top and see what hasn't worked. 

Him being a McVay guy gives me hope. He saw what a good offense looks like and how it is ran. Hopefully he carries that over.

would like to see an increase in motion to help Bryce

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

You love firing people.  Can you start with Tepper?  Frank isn't going anywhere and Prime is staying at Colorado.

Yeah I HIGHLY doubt Frank gets fired this year or next.  Tepper is a rich bastard but I doubt he wants to be paying 10s of millions of dollars to 3 coaches at the same time.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Currently our offensive rhythm...

Dance Reaction GIF

Panthers offense was shut out the last 3 quarters......as Frank declares his 0-6 team has found a rhythm. 

this is borderline Matt Rhule "you just can't see it" bologna. 

but I get it, you can't say David demanded the change and I made it.  But end of the day, it's a hard sales job that Frank made this move on his own.  Got to feel given the talk Frank has already openly put out there on Dave.....the team has to realize their coach doesn't really hold the power.   Which isn't a good thing either. 

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

would like to see an increase in motion to help Bryce

100%. Getting the notice of man and zone will help with his anticipation. The sacks he has been taking look as though he was expecting a thing and not getting it, then panicking like a rookie does. He doesn't have the escapism of others, so his scrambling has to sort of be built in presnap. If he sees pressure is coming from here, he knows where he can escape from. But he's absolutely not an improv guy, though he has tried.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, lightsout said:

100%. Getting the notice of man and zone will help with his anticipation. The sacks he has been taking look as though he was expecting a thing and not getting it, then panicking like a rookie does. He doesn't have the escapism of others, so his scrambling has to sort of be built in presnap. If he sees pressure is coming from here, he knows where he can escape from. But he's absolutely not an improv guy, though he has tried.

motion is the McVay tree.  So hopefully he adds it. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

motion is the McVay tree.  So hopefully he adds it. 

Well McVay runs a fair amount of jet too, it's arguably the key to his offense. So we have Chark and Sanders and we have Shenault. Any of them could take it but without it hitting for chunks nobody respects it. Because the deep shot off of that is key, and I'm thinking Mingo on that off of the jet. It's about the only option because I don't think anybody else on the roster can do it