• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Bryce Young needs superstars to be successful"

NAS

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

What other team is relying on a 33 year old slot WR as their primary weapon? Agree with the other parts of this though, potential is there but potential is just that...when it comes to actual success in this league the Panthers have the worst collection of talent, period.

Those defenses watch film and come in with a plan. I don't think they change that plan after 2 quarters saying "hey these guys cant throw down field" they would already know that going into the game lol

I think defensive coordinators respect Chark the problem is he's our sole speedster. But even if we had another our QB still would have to get him the ball.

All they had to do is stop the run. Bryce had some solid completions but we can't stretch the field. There are some throws he's just not making that he's going to have to figure out in the coming weeks.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I think defensive coordinators respect Chark the problem is he's our sole speedster. But even if we had another our QB still would have to get him the ball.

All they had to do is stop the run. Bryce had some solid completions but we can't stretch the field. There are some throws he's just not making that he's going to have to figure out in the coming weeks.

Agreed I would love to see a streak to the outside WR completed a few times this season. It seems as though something is always off every time we attempt one. We allow inside pressure and Bryce throws as he's getting hit, WR stopping on their route, and of course just a bad throw where the timing is off. I think it'll happen Bryce is getting better with each passing day. It sucks to be 0-6 but there are QBs playing worse than he is who are winning games. Just have to remain patient its all we can do right now

19 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

It's not really that difficult of a question as you make it out to be and can be done very quickly by looking at what each QB has around them. 

NFC South for example

Saints have Michael Thomas, Chris Olave, Alvin Kamara, Jamaal Williams <- More talented core than the Panthers

Buccs have Chris Godwin, Mike Evans <- both WRs are more talented than any WRs we have

Falcons have Bijan, Allgerie, Pitts, and London <- more talented than our core of players

You can legit go through every single team just like that and easily see the talent difference between them and the Panthers. You can't deny that the team did a piss poor job at surrounding our #1 pick with quality talent in his 1st NFL season. Add in the fact our defense has given up the 2nd most points in the NFL and its not hard to see why this team is 0-6 and our rookie QB is struggling.

You’re still going to have too many opinion answers. 90% of this board thinks Pitts sucks for instance. I get the thought process activity you are pitching but by the time you add offensive lineman you are really muddying the waters. And again, is untapped talent accounted for? 

if you just want to say our skill position players aren’t top tier I’d agree with that without question. Do I think AT is better than anything the Patriots throw to? Absolutely. But you are also throwing in Bryce is “doing more” and I am trying to follow you. I know you aren’t trolling. But I think he’s doing what an NFL QB is asked to do for the most part. I don’t believe he’s being asked to carry the offense to crazy heights. We are averaging 16 points a game via offense on average. 

We’ve scored 98 offense and special teams points. 27 of those was with Dalton which is our season high. 98-27=71. 71/5 is 14.2 points per game from Bryce Young led Panthers offense. 

He was , at least we were told, he’s being asked to do less now, and we scored 14 offensive points. All in the first quarter when we were executing a script. And then we were shut out for the next three. 

I just don’t believe Bryce is being asked to do anything more special than what other QBs are being asked. And if he is, he’s not currently capable of it. 

I like Bryce. I see the flashes of what he can be. But I also see the frustrations folks have over his game currently where he can’t hit deep balls. And every week I say this will be the week he’s finally going to give us that wow game that we salivate over from here to the offseason saying if he can just harness that more consistently we have something special. And then each week when the game is over I’m like well here’s a few plays that stood out and the rest was just middling. 

His 63% completions would be more impressive if we were trying deep things. But when it’s 63% of passes that are 90% shorter than 12 yards in the air it doesn’t hit the same. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

49 minutes ago, Varking said:

You’re still going to have too many opinion answers. 90% of this board thinks Pitts sucks for instance. I get the thought process activity you are pitching but by the time you add offensive lineman you are really muddying the waters. And again, is untapped talent accounted for? 

if you just want to say our skill position players aren’t top tier I’d agree with that without question. Do I think AT is better than anything the Patriots throw to? Absolutely. But you are also throwing in Bryce is “doing more” and I am trying to follow you. I know you aren’t trolling. But I think he’s doing what an NFL QB is asked to do for the most part. I don’t believe he’s being asked to carry the offense to crazy heights. We are averaging 16 points a game via offense on average. 

We’ve scored 98 offense and special teams points. 27 of those was with Dalton which is our season high. 98-27=71. 71/5 is 14.2 points per game from Bryce Young led Panthers offense. 

He was , at least we were told, he’s being asked to do less now, and we scored 14 offensive points. All in the first quarter when we were executing a script. And then we were shut out for the next three. 

I just don’t believe Bryce is being asked to do anything more special than what other QBs are being asked. And if he is, he’s not currently capable of it. 

I like Bryce. I see the flashes of what he can be. But I also see the frustrations folks have over his game currently where he can’t hit deep balls. And every week I say this will be the week he’s finally going to give us that wow game that we salivate over from here to the offseason saying if he can just harness that more consistently we have something special. And then each week when the game is over I’m like well here’s a few plays that stood out and the rest was just middling. 

His 63% completions would be more impressive if we were trying deep things. But when it’s 63% of passes that are 90% shorter than 12 yards in the air it doesn’t hit the same. 

All I was basically getting at when I said he was being asked to do more with less is that he is being asked to do what a normal QB does minus having what other QBs have to throw to/work with on offense and what they have blocking in front of them. I wasn't really talking about anything from a scheme stand point like when they said they are going to be taking more responsibility off of his plate. However I do understand where you're coming from in regards to evaluating talent in the NFL. Pitts was at least a 1st round talent, London a 1st round talent, Bijan a 1st round talent etc. AT has had exactly 1 100 yard game in his last 2 seasons with the Vikings and he only had 3 the season prior to that. He's had 4 100 yard games in the last 3 seasons with the Vikings in all, and he's already matched that in his 1st season here. There could be a few reasons for that but again, there isn't many teams that have a 33 year old slot WR as their only threat to catch passes, just the Panthers. Mac Jones would be another example and I would also chalk a lot of his struggles up to the talent or lack thereof Belicheck has put around him on offense. Cam went through the same thing when he was with the Patriots in 2020. Damiere Byrd, N'keal Harry, and a young Jakobi Meyers were his starting WRs. Just awful.

• Pie 1

Now that I've actually seen the snaps, I like how much quicker and more decisive Bryce was much of the game. Missed some deep shots, but fairly sharp in with the underneath routes. Also pretty effective in the red zone. 

It seemed like the o-line was better. We know Chuba was an improvement over Sanders. I think we have to keep running the ball, at least while the game is fairly close. 

On 10/16/2023 at 11:07 AM, Varking said:

I’ll say anything over 2 yards of separation is NFL open. Could they be more open? Absolutely. But this is more than open enough to complete passes. 

74% completion to the 2 guys averaging (barely) over 2 yds separation in that graph accounting for over 60% of the passing offense.