• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any of you guys go to NC State?

Swarly

lol charlotte>raleigh? pfffffffffffffffffffffft

The only reason to ever go to Charlotte is to go to Panther's games.

The engineering school at UNC-C will never be as good as NC State's just because State's is well established and already has tons of research money coming in.

The female to male ratio has close to equaled out, plus there's an all girls college less than a mile away. Lots of single females. I had no problems finding my girlfriend and I'm about the least dateable person in the world.

There's plenty of stuff to do within walking distance of State and everything in Raleigh is less than 15 minutes away.

I really can't believe you compared the two basketball programs. When's the last time UNC-C won a national championship? Yeah... that's what I thought.

The football atmosphere here is awesome even though the team is usually mediocre. Carter-Finley is rocking all the time. Don't expect to sit down at a State game.

Plus, Charlotte is mostly just a party school anyway. It's like comparing NC State vs. ECU, except ECU is still miles ahead of Charlotte.

lol. you weren't even alive the last time state won one.

No kidding :lol: And I bet he doesn't even know that just a couple seasons before Charlotte was one shot away from the national championship game. It's ancient history, so I didn't bring it up. The last 15 years have been comparable. Good teams in the 90's and early 2000's with little success in the NCAA tournament followed by a steep decline after 2005. Now both programs are back on the rise.

The engineering school at UNC-C will never be as good as NC State's just because State's is well established and already has tons of research money coming in.

BwaHAHAHAHA :lol:

We may not have underwater basketweaving technology engineering programs like you do at state, but the programs we have are better than comparable ones at state.

Plus, Charlotte is mostly just a party school anyway.

wtf? Congrats on being the only person in history to have this opinion. :lol:

i got a ME technologies BS from UNCC. spent 2.5 yrs there after community college. It was my choice over state cuz an NC engineering AS transfers in, and you are a jr. i visited both though. At that time UNCC was second to NCSU in engineering, but both are ABET accredited so its not a big deal in my opinion. I was extremely happy with my choice. Most of the eng classes were 30 or less, scenery around the eating spots, nursing building and business building is top notch. Especially when its warm out. Hit the frats for the parties, and there are bars close by when you want to do that. I frequented Flying Saucer, boardwalk billies and tipsy's. Uptown has great college nights, and when I was there you could take the party bus straight up there. From what I hear you've almost always had to go to chapel hill from state to find quality women.

UNCC is a commuter college....enough said. Its like a 4 year version of CPCC.

Generalization perpetuated by people who've never been. 80% of students are full time and 75% live within a mile of campus.

It's no more a commuter school than state. Only 33% of state students live on campus. :auto:

i'm not too familiar with these two school but whenever the choice is commuter school vs. traditional schools with big time sports you take the latter. you'll regret that you didn't have the normal college experience if you take the former...eventually.

Archived