• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear "hope brigade"...

LinvilleGorge

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get that, I really do, but brother I am here to tell you I have watched the nfl for decades and Young is simply not a nfl qb.  What does he do well that separates him?  He isnt athletic and he cannot scramble when the play collapses. 

Am I calling him a bust, nah, not even sure what criteria you would even use but I am saying he doesnt have "it" to be a to 15 nfl qb and my man we gave up a lot for that

He is very accurate on short to intermediate routes.  He processes the play very quickly and finds the open receiver.  He has a quick release.  Is very calm in the pocket and doesn't panic.  Has a nice zip on his balls.  Very good leader and locker room guy.  Very high football IQ and learns from his mistakes.

Has a very innate ability to throw off platform and with different arm angles.  Very mobile in the pocket and keeps his head up looking down field when he does scramble.

He showed with the Panthers first two drives today with the balance of a good run game and play calling he can excel.  As he continues to improve and improve his chemistry with other receivers not named Adam Thielan he shows a lot of potential to be a quality starter in the NFL.

The Panthers have done him very few favors to allow him to showcase his abilities but if he's able to weather and overcome suspect coaching, a lack of weapons and the early storms that every young Qb has to go through then the sky is the limit.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

LMAO this place is pure comedy.

How is there so much chaos every Sunday when we already know we are the worst team in football.

Chicago will have the #1 pick gift wrapped from us. We handing out early Christmas presents and it's only October!

What a Fuggin time to be alive! 

Yep, it was gift wrapped the second we traded up to the #1 pick and got rid of DJ moore instead of waiting at #3 to get a stud QB anyways.

The problem is that he just doesn’t have the physical tools to play within the game at any kind of confidence level. You can’t expect to audible every situation to perfection. And you can’t expect the team to be perfectly suited to his deficiencies at all times. Variables change and players get hurt. 

He does looks improved. You have admit that but I do wonder how many more leaps we can expect.

Edited by OneBadCat

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ill ask those dudes again, after 6 games what is bryces super skill?  What does he do well?

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think he can be just as good as Purdy. He just needs a better system and a better cast around him.

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

The problem is that he just doesn’t have the physical tools to play within the game at any kind of confidence level. You can’t expect to audible every situation to perfection. And you can’t expect the team to be perfectly suited to his deficiencies at all times. Variables change and players get hurt. 

That just feels like the sad reality.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The forum is for discussing football. Is it complaining or just talking football?

It's just absurd to ignore reality to try to spin it as hopeful.

But we aren’t talking about how encouraged we should be by Bryce’s best performance so far this season, we got people here talking about he can’t play the position. PJ Walker can’t play the position and got a Win today over the 49ers against Purdy who ain’t look so good without some weapons and under pressure. Sound familiar? 

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think he can be just as good as Purdy. He just needs a better system and a better cast around him.

That's the issue. All he needs is an offensive mastermind, a great OL, and elite weapons everywhere. 

Even then, I haven't seen anywhere near the level of accuracy and anticipation from him that Purdy shows but I agree that he would probably look at least serviceable in SF.