• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official GameDay Thread

Zod

Just now, KillerKat said:

WTF was Bryce doing there? Forever holding the ball and going backwards. At least chunk it downfield. If its INT, its basically a punt. Holy hell.

Almost like there aren't a lot of play calls for 3rd and 20. 

I swear some of y'all love to talk nonsense. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Show me a good deep throw he's made over 20 yards through 6 weeks of NFL regular season football.

Show me a run game and solid protection and he will.  You're making this knee jerk reaction off a very small sample size for a team and does not have the pieces or are playing in a way that allows you to take deep shots.

Miami's speed at WR makes them very hard to cover with scheme and since they have that threat and are giving Tua plenty of time that equals easy deep balls.

Bryce has thrown maybe 4 or 5 true deep balls that were not just purposefully thrown out of bounds.  Three of those throws he either had pressure in his face or his WR/TE slowed up or go held. 

He may not have a great deep ball in the NFL but we don't really know yet and you certainly can't say that based on the evidence and surrounding situations I've mentioned above.

image.png.788a22fe884cc36f59ad567841392892.png

The top are the throws just after the ball is released.  The bottom are how each QB is able to finish their throw.  When Bryce is able to look like the bottom right picture and still misses over the top then we can talk.  Until then we just don't know.

8 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Do you believe he lacks the arm strength?

I personally don't think its a matter of Arm strength.  Its more about accuracy and timing.  He can certainly throw it far enough with no problem.  And he doesn't really strain to throw it.  But his accuracy on throws that are 20 yards in the air (in particular to his left), seems to be a big question mark right now.  

I will point out that Tua had the same question marks early in his career.  His first year and a half in the league seemed to be mostly 5 yard passes.  

• Pie 1