• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need A Gun But Am A First Timer

Sultan33g

Since Hawk lives out of the Country, it would be easier if you just buy him a ticket, and let his Sasquatch 7'11" ass take care of the boyfriend.

Then he's back out of the Country lickidy split like, and you don't have any charges against you, you don't have to buy a gun, and I could party with him again while he is down here!

I haven't seen the Ole' Coot for a couple of years now......so Win Win for everybody! (except the boyfriend)

:D

Since Hawk lives out of the Country, it would be easier if you just buy him a ticket, and let his Sasquatch 7'11" ass take care of the boyfriend.

Then he's out of the Country, you don't have any charges against you, you don't have to buy a gun, and I could party with him again while he is down here!

I haven't seen the Ole' Coot for a couple of years now......so Win Win for everybody! (except the boyfriend)

:D

good idea..

Guest CatofWar

Glock, Sig, Ruger, Smith, can't go wrong with any of them. I'm no fan of safetys on weapons. Like another poster said, they are useless. No matter what you decide on, practice with it regularly. Go to a gun shop and fondle as many weapons as you like. Get the one that fits best in your hand. I'd go with something in 9mm, due to availability and price of ammo. And you can't afford the ammo there is no sense in getting a weapon chambered in that round. The technology in ballaistics have come a long way, you will not be out gunned with a high cap 9mm.

Something also to consider. Most shootings happen at a distance of 7 yards or less, low light, with an average of 2-3 rounds being fired.

if you are new to handguns and you want something easy to fire that will not jam, get a revolver. i suggest the ruger sp101. it is a heavy handgun, doesn't kick much and will do the job. the trigger pull is a little long, but that can be adjusted. if you are interested in conceal carry, you might consider going hammerless (that way it won't get caught in your pocket).

the best trigger i have found is the smith and wesson. i have a .357 s&w magnum with federal premium low recoil personal defense 38 special ammo. i do suggest taking a safety course or your state's conceal weapons course before owning a handgun. number one rule, SAFETY FIRST.

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying a gun. To Protect myself at my hotel from thieves and hooligans alike. Also to have for show when my daughter becomes a teenager and I need to point it at any and all of her Boyfriends. Yet I am a beginner and will need to go to a shooting range before I bring it back for safekeeping. What is a good gun that packs a good amount of juice, looks flashy, but will not make me bounce off the walls after firing it?

I would go with a Beretta,1911 Colt, or if your looking for flash a Taurus Judge revolver.... Its shoots .410 shotgun shells and .45

Avoid glocks like the plague for household use. No saftey, and no hammer, so once you rack it, the only way to uncock it is take the magazine out and eject the chambered round and pull the trigger, then reload it. Pain in the ass.

Glocks do have safety. One on the trigger and and internal drop are the ones that come to mind. Still if kids are involved your right they are not safe but no gun is really.....

Archived