• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need A Gun But Am A First Timer

Sultan33g

Avoid glocks like the plague for household use. No saftey, and no hammer, so once you rack it, the only way to uncock it is take the magazine out and eject the chambered round and pull the trigger, then reload it. Pain in the ass.

You don't want to be messing around with safety's when someone is coming at you. I'm a bit biased though.:) You should go with a revolver though. It's easy to hide, quick to shoot, and will never jam.

then what is your suggestion captroop?

M1911 .45. Big, heavy, powerful. It's an intimidating weapon to look at. A lot of semi-automatics can look like props or cap guns.

I agree with Britneck with a revolver for you. It's small, it's concealable, and again it's an intimidator. The only issue is that pulling the trigger is a LOT of work compared to a semi-auto (you will see on the range). Revolver has two modes: a lot of work, and hair trigger. You pull the hammer back on a revolver and a strong breeze will set it off. But hold it and you instantly get that cowboy mentality.

Personally, I'd go with a Sig Sauer P226. My favorite handgun and choice of many-a-special forces op.

Get a revolver. Also, when you're at the range, only put three bullets in the cylinder a few times at first, so that you don't know which trigger pull will fire an actual round. It will help your brain get over the anticipation of the kick of the pistol and eventually, you'll learn better body control while aiming/firing.

Archived