• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need A Gun But Am A First Timer

Sultan33g

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying a gun. To Protect myself at my hotel from thieves and hooligans alike. Also to have for show when my daughter becomes a teenager and I need to point it at any and all of her Boyfriends. Yet I am a beginner and will need to go to a shooting range before I bring it back for safekeeping. What is a good gun that packs a good amount of juice, looks flashy, but will not make me bounce off the walls after firing it?

Can't go wrong with a 1911 .45, has worked for years. Colts are too expensive, try Springfield or other make. Best gun for protecting a house however is a shotgun with a short (24 or 26 inch) barrel. Don't have to be a marksman to hit somebody with it, just point and click.

Can't go wrong with a 1911 .45, has worked for years. Colts are too expensive, try Springfield or other make. Best gun for protecting a house however is a shotgun with a short (24 or 26 inch) barrel. Don't have to be a marksman to hit somebody with it, just point and click.

Except your bound to put half a dozen pieces of buckshot through your wall, floor, furniture, etc. and repaint the ceiling after you scrub the pieces of him off it.

I'm not that familiar with a lot of handguns, but I have a lot of experience with the 1911 .45 and its solid, reliable, and will stop someone on the first shot. But I think it may have a little too much kick for what you are looking for, so try a 9mm Baretta and see if you like it - it seems like a good compromise.

Archived