• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

He had a good first quarter 

From Singleback, surprisingly. Then we went exclusively to Shotgun.

I can't get over how badly he missed two 15+ outs (back to back) - like, he physically can't make that throw. How the fug was this guy drafted this highly?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

He was fine today. Had some good throws into tight windows, had some bad throws and managed to not turn the ball over.

I like to look at the whole situation in the context of him playing on a team with one good WR and a banged up offensive line. Far from an ideal situation for a rookie QB.

Edited by Billy Goat

Personally, I thought rolling out and improvising was supposed to be one of his strengths.  I think a lot of these sacks are on Bryce's lack of ability to movr around and out of the pocket.  I'm not calling him a bust, but there are starting to be red flags to me.

Edited by TarHeel69
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I can't get over how badly he missed two 15+ outs (back to back) - like, he physically can't make that throw. How the fug was this guy drafted this highly?

I’ve been trying to tell people since before the draft. The kid has a noodle for an arm. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, TarHeel69 said:

Personally, I thought rolling out and improvising was supposed to be one of his strengths.  I think a lot of these sacks are on Bryce's lack of ability to movr around and out of the pocket.  I'm not calling him a bust, but there are starting to be red flags to me.

When you roll out in the vicinity of the outside rusher consistently you just make their job easier for a sack especially when you dont have the speed to get away. This is always gonna make the O line look worse. This is why i keep repeating he is trying to translate his college style of play to the pros and it isnt working. He has to adjust.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Hes the Ghengis Khan of quarterbacking with a superprocessor IQ!

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

When you roll out in the vicinity of the outside rusher consistently you just make their job easier for a sack especially when you dont have the speed to get away. This is always gonna make the O line look worse. This is why i keep repeating he is trying to translate his college style of play to the pros and it isnt working. He has to adjust.

There's something about how he moves in the pocket that just looks indecisive and slow.  I understand he is adjusting to the NFL, but after 5 games, I really haven't see. any improvement in that area.

21 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

So you don't believe that a team needs to surround their franchise QB with talent and that they should be able to put up good stats and win games no matter how good the collection of talent is around them? That is what you believe?

No

what I’ve said is a QB needs  to show the ability to elevate himself and his team and if not the ability, the promise of the ability.

i do not see that.   ….at all.

i have not seen that in any  game the young man has been in and I continue  to say he has neither the arm or the legs to scare a nfl defense and that is a problem as the noose around his neck will get tighter and tighter as a result. 

he is a game manager, not a star, and all pieces must be present for game managers at the pro level

he plays scared  

I believe in 3 years, maybe less, the Panthers will be starting over 

I hope I’m wrong.   … then again, having bought tickets and PSLs since 1995, my give a damn is pretty broken particularly with the people calling the shots ..I leave it for younger people to buy tickets 

• Pie 2

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

No

what I’ve said is a QB needs  to show the ability to elevate himself and his team and if not the ability, the promise of the ability.

i do not see that.   ….at all.

i have not seen that in any  game the young man has been in and I continue  to say he has neither the arm or the legs to scare a nfl defense and that is a problem as the noose around his neck will get tighter and tighter as a result. 

he is a game manager, not a star, and all pieces must be present for game managers at the pro level

he plays scared  

I believe in 3 years, maybe less, the Panthers will be starting over 

I hope I’m wrong.   … then again, having bought tickets and PSLs since 1995, my give a damn is pretty broken particularly with the people calling the shots ..I leave it for younger people to buy tickets 

Did Trevor Lawrence show an ability to elevate his team when he went 3-14 his rookie year with 12 tds to 17 ints? How isn't it possible for a rookie to get better when he is CLEARLY in a bad situation with a lack of talent and the team perpetually under performing? The defense gave up 42 points in back to back weeks. Last week they had the excuse of 2 costly INTs and a terrible fumble. This week Bryce had 0 Turnovers. Still had to score over over 40 to win. How is that realistic expectations at this point in his career? They aren't.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

This dude is currently not a fighter. Not a dawg. Not a leader. 

He’s a rookie, but you expect to see some of the above in your QB.

He’s far more Teddy than Cam. 

A QB throwing the ball away on 4th down can lick my ass. 

What do you know about his leadership? You ain’t no Dawg yourself so I know you don’t know what one looks like.