• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New MW2 patch on the way

Doc Holiday

From fourzerotwo's blog

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.

- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.

- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.

- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and ‘elevators’.

- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)

- Fixes to prevent various texture hacks (PC-ONLY)

- Fix to prevent various XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.

These fixes, excluding the ones I’ve labeled as (PC-ONLY), are currently in test for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well. Before you ask why there is a delay from PC to consoles, it’s because we can update IW-NET directly and therefore the fastest. The console versions require additional testing through their respective manufacturers.

I saw a guy floating on DeRailed t'other night - behind the building near the trains (where everyone smashes the window to go out onto that ledge). It was on the PS3, didn't realise you could do that.

Granted I shot him whilst he was 30 feet in the air, which must have pissed him off, but there you go.

They tried to weaken the duel wielding shotgun muppets a while back, but it's not worked.

Can someone explain the sentry gun patch to me? I no followz :confused:

sounds like it is saying that they can get put inside of walls and other things that make it impossible to get behind them to cut the wires. or maybe it will take away the ability to put them on slanted surfaces. i've seen them placed on top of the plane body in afghan and a few other places that have them leaning at extreme angles.

Archived